Chapter 11

By the time I was out of hospital, which was at least a week: they had to monitor how I was feeling constantly, and one day I snapped. It kind of went little this:
"How are you feeling today?" The doctor asked me, for around the 20th time. And it was only morning.
"I'm fine. I'm not going to shatter into a million pieces. When will I be out of here?" I hissed. My temper boiling over.
Of course, he ignored me, "We don't know how stable you are."
"I'm very stable. Now leave me alone!" I screeched at him, my nails digging in my palms.
"Just proving my point."

Okay that was the short version. The long version had many swear words and insults, along with me attempting to run away.
Nah, didn't work.
When I was at school I felt really awkward, all of Kelli's friends were by my side, basically my army of body guards.
I hadn't talked to Mark, he hadn't even looked at me or acknowledged my existence.
The bad thing was we had a soccer game in... Oh. 10 minutes. This was going to be freakin fun.
As a strategists job I had to identify the weak spots of the player, like I did for the coach.

Well... Wow. On the goalie, his weak spot was his shoulder, where his reaction time was slowest. Some players I identified as numbers had numerous injuries, of course I told this to all team members.
Not looking at Mark even once.
Problem was... I think I may have. Maybe slightly... Had a crush on him.
And seeing Hannah with him made me jealous.
Maybe. This isn't true. Can't be.
No. Not possible...
The whole game was so smooth, wow Niall was a good goalie. Years of training, obviously.
Mark was perfect, as always, weaving it in and out of players, passing perfectly.
Dreamy.
No no no no no! Hold up there, Danny boy.
To be honest I hardly did anything; score a few goals. Pass to people here and there.
Apparently I was amazing. Whenever I got a goal I was hoisted into other peoples shoulders and cheered for. I didn't even notice Kelli and her group of cheerleaders cheering me on, doing perfect splits and turns and whatnot. They made the ballerinas from Dance Academy look like 5-year olds.
At the end I was really missing Mark, of course he made sassy comebacks. But never to me...
He never even acknowledged my existence.
Well... Hehe.
I'll make him acknowledge me.
After the games Mark was sitting by a tree. Ignoring me completely. Even when I stumbled over and sat right next to him.
"Ya know... I was jealous of you and Hannah." I started smoothly, I knew his weaknesses too well. And now was my time to get revenge on all those times he teased me and made me blush.
Mark didn't even flinch, although I could see a spark in his eye.
"Yeah... I guess I kinda wished it was me." I went on.
No obvious reaction.
This was fun, I should tease people more often. And I was happy I wasn't stuttering, because I didn't expect Mark to make a fool out of me. Well how wrong I was...
"Hmmm. You're cute when ignoring me." I leaned in even closer, about an inch from his face.
Okay, I'll admit my cheeks felt like they were on fire, and probably glowing with the same fierceness.
"Really cute. Very... Sexily cute." I said, really exaggerating the 'sexily' part.
It worked. He smirked, smirked and blushed.
Unfortunately for me though it worked too well.
"I knew it." Was all Mark said. Before...
Before I could feel his lips pressed up against mine.