Chapter 9

Maybe I had a crush on Mark. Maybe.
But after what I saw, my feelings got completely crushed.
Like every disney stars virginity.
I was the one who was going to pluck up the courage and talk to Mark, with a little convincing and threats on Kelli's behalf, and just... I don't know.
Ask for his number?
So there I was, walking around. I finally spotted him, and ran (stumbled) over.
Just when I was about to speak I noticed somebody next to him.
Right next to him.
All over him.
It was a girl...
My heart plummeted.
It wasn't my fault, with the angle I was looking at him I could only see the back of his head turned to the side. Not that he was completely snogging a... Chick.
I stopped half way, practically feeling my heart rip in two pieces.
They broke apart, the girl death glaring me while Marks face was smudged with bright red lipstick. No doubt the random girls; I was pretty sure Mark doesn't wear lipstick.
Although you never know...
"Who are you?" She demanded.
Wow... One word to describe her. Hmm... Slut?
Asshole?
For starters her shorts were majorly small, frayed at the edges. She was a really low V-neck tight sparkly pink top. She had frizzy brown hair. And her face...
It was a cupcake.
Her face was a cupcake.
"Oh my god your face is a cupcake!" I screamed out loud, horrified.
Marks lips twitched up slightly.
"Excuse me? I said who are you!" She screamed.
I stumbled, getting over my previous shock, "I-I'm nobody! Y-you. I don't... I don't know y-you!"
"I'm Hannah." She spat.
"D-Danny..." I stuttered back.
"Well that's great and all, but you interrupted me and my boyfriend." She noted to Mark, gripping him tighter.
I couldn't meet his eyes, "B-boyfriend?!"
"Yes. I asked him out. Boyfriend." She slurred the last word, giving my torn heart a wrench before it shattered like glass, falling into the pit of my stomach and echoing through me.
That's all I was...
An echo in a shell.
I knew I couldn't hold back the tears, I turned around, "I hate you." I hissed at Mark who flinched.
Yeah, Danny the easy-to-love-and-tease-cool-tempered-guy has finally lost it.
I stuck my rude finger in the air before stalking off, tears already dripping down my face.
Kelli jumped out from behind a tree, "Surprise!!! I saw you coming. Did I scare y-" she stopped, looking at me as I furiously wiped my eyes and my tear-bathed cheeks.
I couldn't even react as she hauled herself against me in a hug, basically tying to keep me from shattering.
"Danny... Daniel... What's wrong?" She asked me.
"M-Mark. Has.... A g-girlfriend." I sobbed.
She let me go, "Oh that's final... That's not good. Do you know why that's not good? Because they have made me mad. They've made me really mad!" She started.
And it was true.
I had never seen Kelli mad, slightly frustrated sometimes, but never mad. She was always the playful kind nice bubble cheerleader everyone thought she was.
But looking at her, I wouldn't recognise her.
"Somebody is going to die." She said, her voice so full of anger I couldn't help but cower.
Off she went, walking right past me and up to Mark and his girlfriend, running at the last second and launching herself at Hannah.
It was an all-out cat fight.
With Kelli ripping Hannah's hair out, scratching her perfectly manicured fingers across her cheeks, kicking and screaming at her.
Then she turned on Mark, who was wide eyed.
I guess he didn't expect Kelli to turn into a freak.
She lunged at him, he stepped to the side to avoid it, but not before she landed a kick on his ribs. Very very hard.
I guess being a cheerleader pays off.
She punched Mark.
Once. Twice. Three times...
Wow..
Marks whole face was bruised and bloody, Hannah was no better.
Kelli stood there, shaking, "If you dare hurt Danny again, I will kick your dick so far up your body, you'll be considered a girl." She hissed, kicking him once more before storming back to me, a deathly smile on her face.
"Come on. Time to get you cleaned up, I think they learnt their lesson."