Chapter 7

In the middle of English one of the biggest school pranks of all time occurred:
The speakers messed up, going all static before a voice greeted us, "Hello school. How ya goin?"
This was replied with silence, all before another voice spoke, causing me to face palm extremely loudly, "Hey! Uh- yeah Danny, don't cha face palm meh!" Mark said.
I rolled my eyes, "Yeah keep rolling your eyes, you might find a brain back there."
"Mark how the hell did you hack into the cameras and speakers?!" I demanded, everybody's eyes on me.
"Easily. Anyway you're coming to soccer tomorrow, okay? Just a reminder!" He cooed. Causing so many girls to fan themselves.
I rolled my eyes yet again, "So you went through all that trouble just to remind me about Soccer Trials?" I asked.
He laughed, "Yeah. I know you would get out of it, anyways, come to our beach Volleyball game!" He said.
"It'll be rad!" The other guy shouted, I couldn't pin-point his voice.
"No. Just go away." I said.
"Awww... But Danny! I tried to tell you before, but you bolted. This is your fault. If yo-" he was cut off before a round of more static, apparently the teachers had intercepted them.
Sure enough I was right, as a teacher said, "Sorry for that interruption, resume class. Meanwhile can Danny come to Miss Clevands classroom?" Then there was silence.
It was so stupid.
My teacher was red with rage, "I'm sorry Miss Shelly, I'll go right away." I muttered.
"Danny you use to ace my classes. That Mark is nothing but trouble." She hissed, I nodded my head.
"Yeah. I know." I said, heading out the door with my hands stuffed in my pockets.
Some girls were giving me envious looks, "Why does he get to hang out with Mark?" One said.
Of course I ignored her.

"Yes Miss Clevand?" I asked shyly, stepping in the dimly lit classroom.
Miss Clevand was nice enough, but you do not want to push her beyond her limits. And right now she looked close to breaking.
Mark was sitting on a chair, rocking back and forth, smiling and waving as I came in. One of his friends, no doubt, was sitting next to him, a bored expression on his face.
"Danny! Such a surprise to see you. Can't seem to get you away from me, cheeky." He smirked, making me flush.
"Y-you're the one getting me involved. I don't want to even be n-near you!" I stuttered.
To my surprise his face showed a hint of hurt, and it didn't look fake. To an even bigger surprise he didn't make a snark remark, he stopped rocking on his chair, straightened up and just stared at a wall, making me see the back of his head.
"Now that you've had your little row, sit down. Don't speak. Write out the lines 'I will not involve other people in petty reminders.' One-hundred times." Miss Clevand said icily, obviously waiting for us to get started.
I looked down, forcing the small hint of tears back as I grabbed a pen, a piece of paper and started writing.
I didn't even see Mark try to look at me.
Okay, I may have felt a bit guilty. A bit.
And it totally was not because of Mark! It could've been anyone and I would feel guilty.
I promised myself I would come to stupid beach volleyball and I would try for soccer.
Even though I got really annoyed.
I may have been gaining a crush on him. Maybe. I don't think so, nah. Can't be.
I'm lying to myself.
Just desperate, yeah. I'm just desperate. Totally not. There is no way in hell I would fall for that flirtatious uptight sassy jock who is ho- no. No he is a douche and that's final.
So why does my heart flutter and my cheeks flush when he is around?