Chapter 7

[Not Edited] So sorry, forgive me.

Chapter 7

True to his word, Spencer backed off from the tall tempting hunk of a man, but it didn't stop his mind from conjuring different scenarios of them tangled in a mist of sexual haze. It was hard, the way the mans bulging muscle flexed as he moved was captivating and the sensual lips he used to talk and smile never seemed to stop Spencer from swooning.

He was lost and couldn't find his way back. Not to mention he had the deck party that started in thirty minutes.

He sighed warily and pulled up the khaki brown shorts that inched below his knees. He was no fashionista - or whatever they call it these days, but he was hoping the blue and white polo shirt Miranda bought his as a birthday gift was at least presentable.

He glanced up as he heard the bathroom door open and Miranda came out with an all-white getup. Literally. She wore white wedged strapped sandals and a white tank top, and a pair of white distressed shorts finishing off. She smoothly walked over to her jewelry box - not even a second glance towards him.

He leaned over grabbing a pair of loafer, that actually costed him a very pretty penny, and slipped them on.

"You said your friend was going to be there, right?" Miranda said and he shifted his gaze ot her. Her blue eyes suddenly staring at him through the mirror above the table she stood at.

"Yeah, he has his wife there too. Lovely woman he got there". He lied through his teeth. He hated her, it wasn't rational - but he couldn't help it. Shoe has what he can't have and the irrational part of himself was cursing her to hell and back.

"Hmmm". She replied and he raised an eyebrow at the sly tone she used.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing...do you talk to her often?" He rolled his eyes and stood up, ready to evacuate from the upcoming conversation with all costs. There was jealousy in her tone, and he knew once they went there was no going back.

He groaned and ran a hand through his hair, but careful not to mess up the attempted style he planned to wear for the party. "Jesus Miranda, we're gonna start with this shit right now?"

He watched as she looked down and hooked the shiny bracelet around her wrist. "Calm down Spencer I'm just asking a question."

"Christ, I just met her earlier today when he introduced me". He snapped and took her silence as a cue to abort the situation." He took his exit and walked to the bathroom, closing it harshly behind him.

Looking in the mirror that was placed a couple inches above the sink, he decided that she was wrong, so wrong. "Because the person she has to really worry about is not his fucking wife."

****

"Wow, this really reminds of home". Natasha leaned over, whispering in Arthur's ear as we walked on the luxurious, but packed Lido deck. It was all adorned and ready for the Caribbean themed party. The music was loud with old reggae tunes and the food smelled rich of spices and different exotic fruits, it rafted through his nose smoothly and he sighed in contempt.

"Really?...You miss it?" He knew Natasha was of a Caribbean decent, born and raised. When they were younger and still had time to reminess the times when they were teens, she used to tell him hilarious stories about her brothers climbing coconut trees and getting into trouble with their parents.

"Yeah I acutally...." He didn't hear the next words because the next thing he saw nearly took his breath away. Spencer came sauntering in, his pastel blue eyes glowing in the dark of the night and a blue and white striped shirt that practically made it sparkle.