Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Spencer felt the tears pricking at his eyes and he tried blinking once then twice, then it turned into a full blown blinking session and he could guaranteed he looked like he just finished smoking something bad.

Pushing through the crowd, careful to hold the glass up right to prevent spilling. When he finally reached the wives, he made sure a smile was planted on his face even if he could feel the heated presence of Arthur behind him. All he wanted to do right now was run in a cave and hide away from the world because ever, since he got on this boat his head has been focused mainly on Arthur.

The man is making him go crazy.

He placed the cocktails in the ladies hands and plastered on a smile, the smile felt stiff and it hurt to do it when all he really wanted to do was crawl up in a ball and cry.

"Babe, I'm gonna go head up. I'm not feeling too well."

For the first time in his life he saw a hint of genuine concern shown in her face and when she poke he thought thought he felt something that pierced his heart and made him want to bolt without warning.

He felt guilt.

Guilt for feeling this way about Arthur and guilt for cheating on Miranda when he vowed he wouldn't.

"Are you sure, hon? Are you catching a fever? You just got here." She placed the back of her palm on his forehead and frowned, taking it off slowly.

"That's weird, you don't feel hot. Maybe you're right, you should lay down a bit. Do you want me to come with?" She was being unusually kind and it weirded him out. Glancing at Natasha he noticed that she was gazing at him curiously as if she knew the truth but not the whole thing.

"I'll follow you up if you need." He heard Arthurs voice rumble behind him and Spencer tensed. He really didn't need the man who rejected him to come to the rescue right now. Arthur has done enough harm for the night.

"No thank y-" He tried saying but before he could finish Natasha interrupted him.

"No no. Take Arthur with you, just in case". Spencer glanced at her, hoping she could feel the heated anger he was intentionally directing at her but she looked away before he could even get his point across.

"Go ahead, the party ends late so you'll need someone to take care of you while you're sick". Irritation well through his body and he crossed his harm.

"I'm not a damn child Miranda, and I don't need a fucking body guard." He snapped and the silence stretched long as everyone looked at each other, unable to say anything after his bark.

Miranda spoke first, her face hypnotizing and her voice soft like a mythical siren."I know that Spenc, I just wanna make sure you get upstairs without falling down, since your so determined not to let me help you upstairs.

Sighing in defeat, he watched as Arthur nibbled on his lower lip as if he was awaiting my answer in apprehension.

"Fine." He said finally and Miranda and Natasha smiled, bidding Spencer a goodnight and a get well. He didn't even leave yet and they were already through the crowd, in the heart of the party chatting it up with other woman

He sighed and walked away, trying to ignore the huge man behind him that hadn't said a word yet. Spencer needed the quiet and he reveled at the silence, already imagining how good his sleep was going to be.

But even he knew he couldn't always get what he wished for and soon enough Arthur's voice spoke up as they entered the elevator.

"What the hell was that Spencer?" He snarled and glared at glared at Spencer with something fierce.