Chapter 6

Next week slowly comes to the end as well. In classes that Matt and I have in common he always asks many questions and has funny comments. But after school he joins the whirl of football players and cheerleaders. Every other day he leaves with another girl and I hate the fact that I even notice it.

On Friday everyone talks only about tonight party. I pray that Matt doesn't find out my number but I also avoid him just to be sure. I'm not a big fan of mass school events like this. But during the day my iPhone rings and I find an SMS with the address. Right on the next break I meet up with Abby.

„I was sent the address for tonight party. How for God's sake he found out my number?!"

„I gave it to him." She says as a matter of course.

„What? You know that I don't want to go there." I say sadly.

„I had no other choice. He came to me and was really persuasive. He wants to see both of us there." 

After school we go to a shopping centre 'cause Abby needs to buy some shoes.

„By the way, what do you wear?"

I shrug. „I don't really know. I'll find something at home." 

"Or you can find something here." She suggests. 

We find our favorite shop and try to look for something. After a while we both agree on simple black dress with lace details.

I don't even know how I appear in front of Matt's house. It's around eight o'clock and party's already started. Taxi drives us here and I bribe him so he doesn't go far away and come straightaway when I call. We get out and go to the house.

„It's just ordinary school party." Abby whispers - to me and herself at the same time. It's our motto when we need to protect each other, but I don't let myself think about it more.

On the front yard there're thrown cups and a few couples making out. Loud music's coming from inside so we come in the house. On a normal day it'd look nice and elegant. But now, there're just loads of alcohol and drunk teenagers.
I breath harder and also see harder because of the smoke in the whole house. You know, when you join a party, the thrill you feel, and despite you try to focuse, it's just hard.
I examine everything so I can be orientated.
There's a temporary dance floor in the middle of living room and barrels of beer in the kitchen. Some boy stands over there and helps with pouring. He looks familiar so I guess he's from our school. When we reach him he smiles wide and asks, „What can I pour you?"

„The strongest you got here." I say immediately. I can't bear this sober. Abby looks at me with a question in her eyes and I nod at her, answering. She sighs and says, „Two times."

A bunch of girls are rambling around us with pulled up skirts that you can see half of their butts. The boy thinks for a while but then he gives us two shots with a piece of lemon. We jingle and drink them at one shot then bite the lemon. It was tequila that burnt my throat and left my tongue hot.

„One more time." Abby says. The boy looks surprised for a while.

„Are you new here? I haven't met you yet. I'd remember you for sure." He says while he's pouring the second round.

„We aren't new, but it's possible that we haven't met yet." Abby answers diplomatically. We take our shots and move on.

„Emily. You really came?" I turn to a familiar voice. I feel like Matt is a bit surprised when he looks me from head to toe and says, „I hope you're having fun. If not, just tell me, I know what to do then." He winks at me.