Chapter 7

Emily's P.O.V.

I have one pretty easy plan – to avoid him. It's a bit harder in real life though.

It's Monday so I know we have three first classes together. I head to my locker and don't look around just in case. Then Abby and I go to the class. My only fortune is that she has these classes as well and she sits next to me. After few minutes Matt comes and sits in front of me. Well, that's for covering me. I try to act usual – bored and annoyed. I'm writing the notes when small yellow paper lands on my book. I frown and look up to see Matt turning and smiling under his nose.

There is written: Write me something, beauty.

I just stare at it for a while, then silly smile appears on my face. I don't know why but I find it joyful so I write him something: The basic receipt for pancakes insludes: milk, eggs, flour and sugar.

Folded, I send it back over his shoulder. After a while I hear him chuckle. And after another while it lends back on my desk. All stock mix together. Heat a pan with a bit of oil. Pour little dough and roast from both sides.

I answer: When you have pancakes baked, coat them in nutella and roll. You can add fruits or cream on the top and serve. I throw it and get another.

Do you want pancakes?

We're at school unfortunately.

He writes: We can leave.

We can't leave. Only run away.

Another lends: Do you dare? I'm leaving after this class. I'd appreciate company.

I answer: I really like pancakes.

I don't know what to think about it or what happens after class. But this silly smile's still on my face.

When it rings, we both pack our things and with his usual smirk he winks at me and says. „So? Do you still dare?"

„Yeah. I still want pancakes."

So we both head out of classroom and to the exit of our wing. We walk through middle yard and I start to run. He follows me to the parking lot where we get in his car.

„I'll show you one place now. I promise that you've never eaten better pancakes."

„Surprise me."

We go to one restaurant near the Hyde park and I have to admit that pancakes are the best. Then we go on a walk along the Themes and he pulls out a pack of Marlboro and lights one.
I look at him, surprised a bit. He hands me the pack and offers me one while asking: „Do you smoke?" I take one and light it.

„Just rarely, I try...but whatever." His face shines in bright sun light and as I'm looking at his profile I have to admit that he is handsome. Hair ruffled and falling to his eyes and line of his nose and sharp jawbone. He smiles and shakes head.

„What?" I ask.

„Nothing, just that you surprise me. I wouldn't say that you smoke." We're just walking around one street that I know pretty well. But I don't feel that sharp pain as I used to. I wonder if it's because of Matt.

„Wait here." I tell him and go to a bookstall at the corner.

I come back with a pack of pink-blue Marlboros. He raises his eyebrows with a question in his eyes so I explain. „At this only place in London you can buy coloured cigarettes. Their smoke is also coloured – according to the colour of cigarette. They have them made specially in South America and stock comes just once a month so we're lucky that they have them."