09. Unexpected Waiter

A/N: Hey Guys, I finished this chapter before work, YAY! I hope you enjoy it. I'll try to have the next chapter up tomorrow or Sunday! Vote, comment, enjoy :3

I was standing in the offices, looking around for Kendall. My nerves were shot and I was freaking out over the fact someone didn’t like me because Cole asked me out. I wasn’t pursuing him; I was going on a date with him that’s all that was happening. I finally saw her in her office, talking on the phone. I quietly opened the door and stepped inside, sitting at the couch in the corner for her conversation to end.

“I’m not going to argue with you right now, I’m in the middle of work. You know I’ve been too busy to make it down there, but I’m trying. I can’t just drop everything and come see you, it takes planning.” Her exasperated sigh told me more than anything. Talking to her father, who she hasn’t seen in six months, not because she can’t, but because all her ever does it try setting her up with his friend’s children.

“Alright, I’ll make some adjustments and try to come see you, but don’t wait up. Understand me?” With a frustrated sigh, she hung up the phone, looking exasperated in my direction, “I really don’t understand where he comes from calling me in the middle of the day.”

I just knew exactly how the conversation went and I didn’t need to even be in the same room as her, “Who is it this time?”

Kendall let out a light sigh, followed by a somewhat cute little laugh, “His pharmacists’ son goes by the name of Mark or something like that. He’s apparently 28 and already owns his own business. In other words, it’s a man who has money and my father wants to retire soon.” She impatiently clicked her manicured nails on the desk, trying to annoy me for sure, she knew how much I hated that sound, “But enough about me, why are you here? Shouldn’t you be on your date by now?”

“I will be soon, once he’s done work. But now I am starting to get second thoughts, do you know a guy named Kason?”

She raised her eyebrow, looking at me with a quizzical look I didn’t particularly like, “Maybe? What’s that name mean to you?”

“No, I asked you first, Kendall. Don’t go switching the questions onto me like you normally do, I just want to know if you know someone by the name of Kason, because I have never met him in my life and I want to know if he used to work here or if he’s someone’s ex-boyfriend or if he’s just crazy.” I was irritated, every single time we had a conversation and I asked her a simple question, she would turn it around on me. Not this time, I needed to know who this person was and if I was getting way in over my head. I’m not a fighter, I’m a lover and if this Kason guy is serious, then he can have Cole and I will move far far away.

“Okay, sorry. Kason Grace used to work here a few years back. He had a thing for Cole, but it never materialized because he was too stuck up for Cole’s liking. Under that tough façade he puts on so well, he’s really a sweet guy and he doesn’t like people using him for his money and making themselves look better. Kason just wanted the dollar bills, not his love and eventually, he left the company because some guy offered him a full time job as his boyfriend.” She sighed and the looked at me intently, “Now, answer my question. What does that name mean to you?”

“Well, I was in the elevator and I was coming to see you to calm my nerves before this big date and then some guy walked onto the elevator with me. I had never seen him before, but I just assumed maybe he was my replacement for the secretary job. He started talking and then the next thing I know, he’s threatening me because Cole is his and blah blah blah.”

I heard a click on the door behind me, ready for something terrible to happen, but instead I was met with the gleaming green eyes of Cole. He smiled down at me and looked over at Kendall, “I assumed you’d be here with Ms. James, getting into all sorts of trouble I assume?” He looked back to me, “I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything, are you ready to go, my driver is waiting downstairs for us.”