I miss him too

To be clear, this is NOT a ship story. I don't ship Rex and Ahsoka. It's just a comforting moment between the two friends.

Rex walked down the hall of the Ghost. He'd been up late doing last minute jobs before going to bed.
He was almost at his cabin when he heard a familiar voice in the next room.
"Practice these forms and you'll get better. I promise."
Opening the door, Rex looked in to see Ahsoka sitting on the floor, tears running down her face as he watched a recording of Anakin Skywalker. The girl clearly didn't hear the door open and continued to gaze at the hologram.

"Ahsoka?"

The Togruta looked up in surprise to see the clone.

"Rex" she said, quickly drying her eyes with the back of her hand. 

The man came in and crouched beside the Force weilder.

"Are you alright?"

Ahsoka glanced at the recording then back at Rex with tears swimming in he eyes. Rex put his arms around Ahsoka and she clutched him, sobbing into his armour.

"I miss him too" Rex told her, saying the unspoken statement.

"I want him back" Ahsoka whispered tearfully. 

"I just want him back to normal. I want everything to go back to the way it was. When I was still his Padawan and the Jedi were still in numbers."

"I want that too Ahsoka, but we can't focus on the past. Our future is now and we need to make a better one. Not just for us, but also for the universe."

"Easier said then done" Ahsoka told him.

"But the galaxy needs our help and I can't help anyone if I'm looking on my past mistakes. You're right.

"Of course I'm right" Rex smirked.

Ahsoka smiled at him with a roll of her eyes.

"Ahsoka, I'm always going to be here for you."

"I will too" Ahsoka said.

"I promise."

She broke her promise in the season 2 finale 😭
Suggestions are appreciated.

Star-Wars-Dragons out 🐲