Chp-4 Royal preparations

A few days later...

Zacharias's P.O.V

I clutch my sword tightly and stab the cloth dummy harshly. I hear my father and Amaani's father speak about what measures they are going to take about this so called intruder.

They want to kill Amaani. Oh, how dare they? They have the audacity to come into a palace and attempt to kill the princess. A helpless girl, in a vulnerable state of sleep. People like this person disgust me.

I slash the sword against the cloth dummy again making it shake.

"Son are you okay? You almost look like you're about the kill the dummy itself."

"I'm fine father, I'm just wanting to perfect my skills."

Both Kings nod and continue talking amongst themselves.

After a half an hour of sword training I decide to go back inside to my bedroom. I have to say this room is really nice, it's got a nice dark blue theme.

I suddenly hear some laughter and screaming from outside and I walk out on the balcony from my room. I see several little children running around with flowers in their hands.

Then I see Amaani's sister Shana chasing after them.

"Shana! Wait for me!"

I look at the source of the wonderful voice. Amaani... She runs after the children and her sister holding pink roses. She is dressed in a light pink half-sari.

Oh wow...

I observe them playing with children. I do remember Amaani when she was little, she was a little annoying but now that's definitely changed. When I first saw her I was shocked, she is beautiful. But what do I expect she is a princess, god has gifted her.

As well as her personality was nice. I know I intimidate her, it's quite humorous to see her reaction when I'm in the same room as her. Also she is talented, she can dance well, I was almost put in a trance when she danced.

Well, I don't know much about her personally, and hopefully I will get to know more after we are married, next week.

I hear a knock on my door making me turn around and go open the door.

I see a woman, ah, a maid.

"Yes?"

She doesn't speak and she holds out a tray with a cup of tea, the aroma, it smells like ginger.

"This is for me, yes?"

She nods bowing as I take the cup gratefully.

I curiously ask, "Are you not able to speak?"

She shakes her head no, and I instantly feel even more grateful.

"Well thank you, you may leave."

She smiles and then I'm shocked as I hear after she shuts the door behind her, "This is definitely his room."

I immediately open the door and see that she's already gone. She can speak, what a liar! I'll keep this in mind. She is up to something.

Anyway, I cautiously look at the tea and take a sip. Hmm, it hasn't been poisoned. Fine, I'll drink it. What? I'm just making sure.