Chp-12 Oh no! Where has she gone?!

5 days later...

Zacharias's P.O.V

I grit my teeth looking at the 20 soldiers holding their spears, standing in orderly lines.

"I expect you to be on full alert! I don't want anything happening to your Queen, understand?!," I bellow out.

They all shout in reply, "Yes your majesty!"

I nod sternly. They maybe here just for negotiations but for what I've heard about their traits and the violent way they do things, it's better to be safe. One of the soldiers hands me my sword. I look at it, it has recently been sharpened and I place in in the sheath of my belt. Just for safety.

"All of you keep an eye on this so called king, he has been known to back stab his promises."

"Yes your majesty!"

I sigh. Today is the day that stupid king is coming here for negotiations. I don't believe it at all, I think it's extremely suspicious that he will suddenly agree for an agreement even though last time a negotiation happened he cut the person's head off! He's definitely planning something.

So I'll be planning something back. Unless he actually does want a negotiation to take place then nothing will occur. Hopefully, God will keep everyone and everything safe.

"Zacharias! What are you doing?," I hear my Queen's lovely voice. Wait she's here!

She looks at the soldiers with a distasteful look and then places her hands on her hips saying, "My King what are you doing behind my back?"

I answer, "Nothing my Queen. I'm just checking how the soldiers are doing and whether they are training."

She raises an eyebrow and laughs asking me to lower myself so she can whisper in my ear.

Amaani whispers, "So, if you are checking the soldiers why are there only twenty out of the 800 we usually have? My, what a lie?"

I stand straight up and look at a smirking Amaani. I glare playfully at my intelligent Queen.

"Fine, you have caught me. I will reluctantly admit it. I want to order some safety precautions for you. You know how violent this so called King Kumar is!, He is known to backstab!," I complain.

Amaani sighs, "Yes, I guess what you are doing is right. I just feel bad, what if he genuinely wants to negotiate though? Then it's like we are cheating him?"

I let out a mocking snicker, "Oh I don't think he wants to simply negotiate, Amaani. Don't be naive."

I look at her and see that she looks hurt by my statement. She reluctantly smiles and says, "I guess so. I'm sorry for being naive. Go get all 800 soldiers here to protect me then," she says walking off frowning.

I hiss. Why are you so stubborn Amaani!? I'm just trying to protect you?!

Looking at the soldiers I say, "Okay. Fine ten of you may leave. We will only need ten soldiers to protect her."

I grit my teeth, the things I do for you Amaani.

I don't even understand, how easily this all happened! It's too suspicious! He just politely said that he alone with two personal guards would be visiting our Kingdom personally. I don't think that's true.