Plan B

"What the hell do you mean 'I'll die?'" Cyborg yelled. Danny sighed, running a hand through his colorless locks.

"We don't have time." He said, turning his back to Cyborg. "We need to leave, the sooner the better."

"No way, you are not walking away from me." Cyborg said, surging forward. He put a hand on the younger teen's shoulder, ignoring how badly he flinched underneath Cyborg's harsh grip. "Explain, now." He demanded.

"Fine." Danny sighed quietly. He turned back towards Cyborg, refusing to meet the older teen's eyes. "The energy in the Ghost Zone is atomically different than that in the living world. Without any way to convert the foreign energy within your tech, the atmosphere will drain the energy from it until there isn't any left."

Cyborg could only stare at the teen in front of him, who was still staring at the ground. Of all the things Cyborg had been expecting him to say, an actual thought-out explanation was probably the last. Who knew the kid actually had a brain?

"We need to leave." Danny said seriously. Though, he still refused to meet Cyborg's eyes, but the older teen was clueless as to why. Danny turned, slowly walking forward. He was clearly making sure Cyborg wouldn't be left behind.

The strange floating island they were on was rather large, and only populated by several boulders. Other than that, however, there wasn't much to look at. The two teens walked in silence, neither one willing to disturb the other. That is, until they reached the end of the island. Danny, having gained a bit of energy by being in the Ghost Zone, began to hover just above the ground. He turned back to a staring Cyborg. Silently, Danny held out a hand to him; a clear offer. Cyborg, albeit reluctantly, took it, not even flinching when Danny took off flying, Cyborg in tow. Again, Cyborg felt that overwhelming sense of freedom.

   He had no idea how long they flew, passing various doors and islands. One thing Cyborg did know, however, was that it was getting cold. Seriously, didn't the kid feel this? Cyborg didn't plan on saying anything, at least, until he felt the mechanics in his arm begin to stiffen from the cold. Never being one to stay silent on these matters, he spoke.

"Danny?" The teen in question turned his head down to Cyborg, still flying. Cyborg saw Danny's eyes widen when he looked at him. Danny stopped momentarily, and shifted their direction of flight from forward to down. This confused Cyborg. What did the kid see on him? Danny let go of Cyborg as soon as they touched the ground.

"Dammit!" The younger teen cursed, confusing Cyborg further. It finally occurred to him to actually look at himself, more specifically, his mechanical appendages. Cyborg soon realised why Danny's eyes had widened the way they did. There was ice. Ice was beginning to cover his legs. No wonder he had felt so cold! And how the hell was the kid not cold?

   "Holy hell! How cold is it here?" Cyborg exclaimed, completely shocked. While his tech didn't perform the best in colder weather, it sure as hell didn't fucking freeze.

   "A few hundred below freezing." Danny muttered, a contemplative look on his face. Cyborg, however, was distracted by the younger teen's answer.

   "A few hundred?" He gaped, not expecting that answer. No wonder he was freezing! And, once again, he was wondering how the fuck was the kid not affected?

   Suddenly, Danny surged forward, towards Cyborg. Surprised, he gave no resistance as he was once again lifted by the half ghost. The pair began to speed in the opposite direction of where they had been before. Snapping out of his shocked daze, Cyborg began to question what Danny was doing.

   "Where are we going?" Cyborg asked, a bit concerned about the abrupt change in plans. Not only that, but the older teen hated being out of the loop, and Danny's silence was unnerving. Though, the obvious look of dread on his face did nothing to calm Cyborg's nerves. And when Danny didn't answer, Cyborg became even more worried.

   After what felt like an eternity, Danny finally slowed his flight, landing on an island. Despite the fact that Cyborg had been asking him many questions on their prolonged trip, Danny hadn't answered any of them, much to Cyborg's annoyance. So when he saw a large, rather ominous tower in front of him, he was a bit unnerved.

"Where are we?" He asked for what felt like the thousandth time. A voice that came from behind the two of them answered.

"In my domain."