Chapter 2

It was safe to say that my body ached of pain. I fell asleep on one of the hospital chair when a sudden kick, awaken me from a mediocre dream.

I shuffled around, rubbing my eyes. "What?" I yawned.

"They told me you slept here."

I looked up to see Olive. She stood right in front of me. Her face softens, but you could tell she was trying to mask her true emotions. She clenched her jaw, keeping good posture as she looked down at me.

There's something about her that makes me wonder. I think...I think I've seen her before. Or maybe I was imagining it, I must be really tired.

I was confused. Usually they would keep a person for 2 days just to observe, to make sure there was no problem, yet here she was.

"You should be in bed." I told her.

"I told them to release me."

"Why?" I jumped up pulling her hair back so I could see the scar. "You could still be hurt."

She pushed me away, scoffing as she pulls her hair down. "I'm perfectly fine."

I looked down on her. Her clothes were a mess, with dirt all over it. She couldn't go anywhere in that outfit. I had to at least do something else.

"You look terrible." I said looking straight into her eyes.

She flashes a smile, "Why thank you, I wonder how it happened." She rolled her eyes, sighing extra loud. "Well, I should be getting home."

"Okay, I'll take you."

She held her hands up, stopping me. "No offense, but you're a terrible driver."

If I didn't hit her, I'll argue that one out.

"Well at least let me give you some money to get home." I reached into my pocket, grabbed my wallet, but she was already out the door.

I ran after her, calling her name. By the time I had reached her, I grabbed her arm, and pulled her back to me.

She let out a small cry before sucking it up.

Quickly I let go, "sorry."

"I don't want your charity." She spits.

I ignore her. "No, you just don't want my help."

She tilted her head, thinking about it, and then nodded. "Same thing."

"No, it is not the same thing."

She pushing passed me, staring to walk towards the main street. I rush over, running in front of her, trying to talk to her.

"Why won't you let me help you?" I questioned.

"I can take care of myself. Always have, always will."

"What...?"I shook my head, taking that thought out of my mind. "At least call someone to come get you."

She groans, giving another fake smile. "Can't you broke my phone."

I pulled out mine. "Here."

She looked at me up and down, then snatching the phone out of my hand.

I smiled a little bit. She was finally letting me help her. I watched as she dialed a number and pressed my phone to her ear.

She looked me up and down again, before giving me a few feet apart to talk to whoever it was on the phone. I watched her anxiously, waiting for a response. I don't trust people with my phone, don't care who they are. I just don't.