Chapter 25

We couldn't find him. We look long and hard, but there was no sight of him, anywhere.

"Do you think he ran away?" Olive asked.

"No, he's not that much of a coward ." Damien answered her.

She looked around troubled, as her face slowly squished up, and her eyes examined the floor excessively. " Kian wouldn't have just left without saying something. They've taken him!"

"Oh, because that has to be the next logical explanation for this situation." I said.

"Well, she's got a point." Damien agreed with her, leaning against the walk in deep thought. "This could be your father's plan all along."

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Your dad thinks that this is a good experience for you to get more acquainted with his idea job. So he decided to play this game."

I groaned. "Great! When was he going to tell me this was all a game to him?"

"I thought you knew. Sorry."

I told a deep breath, and rub my face up and down. I started to recall the conversation I had with him earlier about how this was my problem. And I shouldn't kill anyone, yet here Damien was telling me that my father came up with this stupid plan just to get me on broad his little operation is a whole new low for him.

"So what do we do?" I stared hard at Olive, like I was going to kill her. My eyelids twitched a couple of times that she back away. "What else can we do?"

"We can find him you know?" She suggested.

I shook my head, chuckling. "And then what?"

"I brought him here. It was my plan, and if you don't want to help me then that's okay, because I can handle it myself."

"You can't." Damien butted in. He wasn't on the wall anymore. He came up to her with his hands to his side, and shook his head before laughing.

"What's with you people?"

I smiled, "I think we're happily normal."

Apparently I wasn't as amusing as I thought I was. Her face showed disgust with a hint of disappointment. "Your joking right?"

"Do I look like I joke?"

"So your going to sit here with the guy would started all of this because your tired of your bullshit life?"

"That's sounds about right." Damien agreed.

"I wasn't talking to you."she pointed out. He stepped back holding his hands up in the air as all sign of surrender. "If you want to give you then fine be my guest, because now all I can think of is why did you even help.me in the first place?"

"Hey! I only care all out you, you brought him here. And I think I made that even clear when I told you I wasn't going to protect him as well as you."

"Yeah and-"

"Then why are you here then."

"Because-"

"Because you thought I was after all the good guy. Well let me explain something to you, I'm a bad seed if that isn't clear then look at our little predicament."

I became so cold, so unattached in my words that I didn't even know what was slipping out until it was too late.

She swallowed hard, taking her eyes off me, as if she was ashame to even look at me in this state. Sue glanced at Damien who waved his finger at her before she pulled herself together and walked out. I could hear the door slam close, before I regretted everything that had just happened between us.

I knew in was wrong, but I liked it. I was in power and then I saw how her face was breaking away.

I'm surprised she didn't cry.

"So..." I turned to Damien who I could tell knew something I didn't. He sint even explain himself when he walked downstairs leaving me all alone to my thoughts.

When he came back, he held the black bag that I carried my guns in. He threw it at my feet, as I let out out a quite "ow" sound.

"So took some of them."

"And..."

Damien turned his body half way away, then back to me. "You can't be serious?"

I scoffed, sliding the bag to his feet. "I am."

"You want to kill the girl that you've been protecting because of pride."

"I wasn't thinking that."

"Who said you were?" Then he paused, before attacking me. "You know your acting like your father right now."

"I am nothing like him."

"If she walked in there by herself, may I add, and you allow her to die. That will be on your conscience. And you can add that to your unmarked kills."

I stood up quickly waking to him. "You know that's a new low, even for you."

He smiled at me wicked. "Well then...should we leave?"

I picked up the bag, eyed him, and walked down the stairs.

-----------------

I kinda like this chapter.

Comment what you think so far.

like & share