Chapter 3

The way I ending the conversation with my father, I know was uncalled for. But that's just it. Even on his death bed, he wants me to be this vicious monster that I haven't been since I was a child.

I drove down to my apartment, and fell asleep. I didn't know how tired I was until I woke up and picked up my phone to look at the time.

"6:43pm."

My socks and shoes were still on, and I didn't feel like taking them off. I had basically slept the entire day away. I later decided to just order something and watch a movie until I fall asleep again. A large pizza to be exact, because I know that my unwanted house guest would walk right through those doors in less than 10 minutes.

And he was right on time too.

Even though he was 5 years older than me, he was the closest think I could call a brother. Plus he's family, and family takes care of each other.

Damien walked over and fell on top of my couch. He took the controller and turned on the tv completely ignoring my presence.

I stood up in front o his view, as he moved his head around; trying to catch a glimpse of whatever was on.

"You're blocking the tv!' he tries to push me to the side, but falls right down.

"Why are you always here and watching...monk?"

He looks around shocked at my sudden tone or maybe because I insulted his show. "Because it's a good show." He tells me.

I sigh, siring right back down. I rubbed my temple, trying to relax.

Damien stares at me hard before asking if I was okay.

I wasn't.

"Why did you tell my dad about what happen?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "you didn't show up to church and he scares me."

That explained it well enough for me. My father being super religion had the entire family going to the same church every Sunday. So it definitely was weird and shameful that I wasn't there.

I laid my head against my couch, feeling as if this day was draining me.

"Jack?" Damien called me. "Jack, you don't look so good. Maybe you shouldn't go to class tomorrow."

I shake my head. "Whatever it is, it'll pass."

He nodded, leaning back against the couch as well.

"Tell me something, "I began. "What do you think about that girl...Olive?"

"Olive?"

"Yeah, Olive."

"Well...I think it's weird she lied."

I nodded, "yeah I thought so too. I have this feeling that I know her, but-"

"But what?" he questioned.

"I don't know. It's so... weird?"

He sat up, leaning over to me. "Is that why you followed her out?"

I shook my head. "No-no I wanted to see what type of person she is."

"And what did you see?"

I turned to him. My eyes squinting back at him, as I reached up rushing my hands through my hair. "She knew me, but- but she's not going to say a word about it. Now that I'm thinking about it, she looked genuine scared of me."

A waterfall of sheer panic ran through my face. "She knows who I am?"

Damien was on the edge of his seat. His fingers hitting the handles of my couch quickly.