Chapter eleven

She was crying since she boarded the chopper that is taking her back to the island.

The guilt is eating her up.

She couldn't think of anything to reason out her actions last night.

It was wonderful,yet painful.

Just this morning she was sleeping peacefully beside him. Now she's in a hurry to come back to her children.

She received a phone call from Curtis,Iyonna was rushed to the hospital at four in the morning. My baby had asthma attacked without mama by her side. My poor baby must be crying while calling my name.

Curtis made sure she was okay now,Dina is staying beside Iyonna. The kids was left at the house with the maids,Curtis sent the chopper with my replacement for the conference I was to attend to.

Ask for Thaddeus,I left him on his suite,he was inside the shower this morning when I got the call. I was so thankful he is,I couldn't make an excuse to leave him. I might burst into tears if he ask me why I have to leave.

But his anger,his fuming handsome face can wait,her baby is more important than their father.

She will cross the bridge when she get there.

It took less than an hour before the chopper,after she change and packed her belongings she hurried to the rooftop. She left a note on the concierge to give to Mr.Xenakis once he ring to ask about my whereabout.

Very careful with her movements,she made it to the rooftop without Thaddeus on her way.

The chopper landed on the hospital's rooftop where Curtis is waiting for her. She cried when she felt his arms around her,trying to calm her down.

"Iyonna is okay now,she is waiting for you,she wants mama,Dina is keeping her company,,I'm sorry this happened,Farah" he said apologetically,she shook her head.

"No,it's not your fault,we don't know when her asthma is coming"

They headed down the hospital building,she's trying to suppress her tears. Now that she's nearing to her daughter's room,she don't want Iyonna see her crying.

"Mama!" A big smile welcomed her from her daughter.

"My baby"

Iyonna was sitting on the hospital bed,Dina on the chair near the bed,she's feeding Iyonna.

My baby look tired but still manage to look pretty with that barbie sleepwear she wearing.

She then reached her daughter,she hug Iyonna like she would disappear any second.

"I missed you already,mama" Iyonna said in her little sweet voice.

"I missed you too love,that's why I came back as fast as I can,how do you feel now?"

"I'm okay now mama,the doctor said I can go back home today"

"That's great! It's weekend we can spend more time together" she said with a great deal of enthusiasm,she almost choked.

I talk to Curtis and Dina,I am forever grateful for everything they have done for me and for my children. I thanked them for taking care of of the triplets especially Iyonna. I told them I can take it from here,but Dina insisted that they wait until we can go home. I wanted to cry again for having friends like them,they treated us like family.

"Ipapahatid na namin kayo sa driver,Farah" I smiled at Dina.

"Thank you"