Chapter 4: Free

------im gonna dedicate this chapter to alyssalovescupcakes for being the simon to my lewis and best friend :)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I held him closely for a while, before pulling back and looking in his eyes. He straightened up and immediately wiped his eyes. "I apologize, it is not proper to-"  

"It's fine! Don't apologize for something like that. Never be sorry for crying." I cut him off. I felt strongly about that. If someone is crying, there's always a good reason, I believe. He smiled kindly at me, making me all fuzzy again. He has got to cut out with that! Geez.

"I am ready then. I long not to dwell on my past any longer. So you shall tell me what haunts your eyes?" Choriandus states rather boldly if I do say so myself.

"Uh, nothing haunts me, dunno what you're talking bout ...." I mumble, not meeting his eyes. All of a sudden he tilts my chin and looks straight into my bloody soul, I swear it I felt it!

"Ti's it not fair that you exchange your story for mine?" He says softly and rather sweetly, as though his words could harm me if spoken too harshly. I merely blush but cannot seem to avert my gaze from his. I sigh and nod slightly in agreement. After all, my story certainly is nowhere near as traumatic as his.

I ran a hand through my hair out of habit and sighed before starting. I'm such a wimp.

"Well, technically I was never supposed to be born, let's start it that way. My parents are overly rich twats who don't think of a soul but themselves. All my life I've been mistreated and abused, physically and mentally. They even tried to kill me before I was born. I'm sure if they had a choice I wouldn't get a smidgen of the family fortune. Lucky for me, the money comes from my dad's bloodline, so they have no choice. It's mine simply because of my name. When I talked out of turn, they beat me. If I smiled, they called me names so vile I'd run off nearly suicidal. I never had any siblings, or friends because I was always afraid to let people get to close for fear they would find out. Or I would fear that they would hate me, because of what my folks told me day in and day out. If someone tells you something enough times you start to believe it, you know? Just recently I left the place, today in fact. And well, I'm not sure you want hear the boring tale of how I was led here."

I grinned impishly, feeling like a right fool for letting Choriandus know what a weak person I am. I looked down dejectedly, but soon feel cold fingers taking my own. He manages to make me blush yet again, as I look up bashfully to see a sadness greater than my own reflected back at me.

"I cannot dream of having my own kin to be the ones to despise me. I would be much worse off if I couldn't think of my family's love to comfort me in dark times. I truly am sorrowful for your situation, family is the world and you have none." He states bluntly, and I have to laugh at this because he is only trying to make me feel better and it comes out sounding like that!

Chory looks terribly confused at this, which makes me go into hysterics. He still looks dazed, yet he seems happier as well to see me laughing.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh. Thank you. Well, my favorite color is orange!" I exclaim out of the blue, since we are getting to know each other! Choriandus looks amused yet befuddled again.

"Well I must say that I find white most favorable." Boring.

"Ewwww white? That's boring!" I say rudely, and his eyes just twinkle in amusement.

"It is a happy color, yes?" he says unsure, and I shrug.

"So is yellow, but that happens to be the color of urine, sooo..." I trail off awkwardly and he blinks.