Chapter 10: Sweet Rutabaga Pie

----Please vote vote vote fan fan fan comment comment comment -------/ This chapter is dedicated to eviechic because i.love kiss me kill me. That's her story, BTW ;) read on! Enjoy! It's 1:30 in the morning! ////

---------------------<3<3<3---------------------------------------------------

I sat in silent amusement as I watched Chory wiggle ever so slightly each time a minute or two passed. I felt kinda bad for him, but at the same time it is great comic relief for our current situation. I smile a bit as he grimaces in discomfort, and then feel sadistic for doing so. Oh, woe is me. At this point, I concur from chory's wriggling, and my watch, it has been about twenty minutes. Eight twenty, to be precise. Much too early, for my tastes.

Yawning, I quietly rise from my crouched position and ninja crawl/crab walk over to the boarded window. Taking a quick peek, I see....nobody. Pffft. What were a bunch of Mexican thugs doing wandering the streets of London anyways? I look again to make sure they are nowhere to be seen, and a sign to the left catches my eye. It reads, "Palm Springs Finest..." then trails off to broken edges. Hmmm. Why is there a sign for Palm Springs, California in England? We are....in ENGLAND, aren't we!? I stumble back and place one hand on the wall before me, the other on my forehead underneath my unruly dark blond tresses.

Hold a MINUTE. Please oh god PLEASE tell me that is just a sign. How had i not noticed a difference in, well, I dunno, COUNTRY!? I slap my cheeks(on my face, mind you) in attempt to get a hold of myself. I look over to check on chory who has not noticed me having a cow over here, and is just rocking back and forth wincing a bit. Oh jeez, now I feel bad. We gotta get outta here. If my predictions prove correct, we have a long way to travel. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but deep down I just KNOW. It could've been just a sign, right? Sweet rutabaga pie, I hope so.

I walk briskly over to chory and cross my arms. "We can go now, I do believe it is safe. We may have a slightly humongous problem, but either way it won't be solved if we are sitting in a-what in the name of Bon Jovi ARE you DOING?" I ask as he grabs the top of his pants and starts to wriggle around like a worm. o.O......um, OK then.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About ten minutes later, I managed to get chory out of his worm like state, and we leave the warehouse and make it down the street without incident. Chory walks somewhat hunched alongside me, and I shake my head at him. Oh chory, there there. I look around and my expression becomes grim as I realise we are in fact not in England. I don't know how I had not realised it before! Ugh, I am such a dimwit. My parents were right. I sigh and walk a little faster in frustration, working on a game plan in my head to get out of here.

"Simon, may we converse a bit? I do so need a distraction." Chory says sounding strained beside me. I smile a little and look over-and up-at him.

"Sure. What's on your mind? You got anything you fancy talking about?" I inquire. He furrows his eyebrows, and looks down at me with a deep and sincere look in his eyes. I clear my throat and look ahead. Why does he always look at me like that?! It has been only three days and I swear I have gotten that look at least six times!!

"I do, indeed. I have been wondering, have you ever been, how you say, in love with another? Maybe even deeply infatuated? It would make a good tale yes?" He says, and I smile wryly.

"What if I had? What if my heart was horridly broken and you reopened the wounds? I say giving him my best puppy eyes. He looks absolutely horrified, and I lose my cool and laugh outright. I realise we have stopped on the sidewalk as I laugh, and I look up to see him relieved. Wiping tears from my eyes, I let out one last embarrassing giggle. Oh, I am too good.

"I recognise this as a form of, 'teasing' is it called?" he says with an incredibly warm look in his eyes, I blink a little at it. He's doing it again. Arrrrgh!! That look is driving me crazy. Crazy, I tell you. I was completely normal before! *twitch*

"In all seriousness, I have never been in love, nor have I ever loved any person on this earth." I answer sadly. It is true. I do not love either of my parents, and have no contact with any of my more distant relatives. I blush and flinch my eyes away as he gives mt that look again. I think he does this on purpose.

I shake my head clear and grab his arm and continue walking before he can say anything mushy, as he does usually. It has been three god-forsaken days, and I feel like we have been friends for I don't know how long. No way. Nuh-uh. Not going there. As we walk, I see an intersection up ahead, and sigh in relief. Wait. I have no money in this country! How the HELL are we supposed to get anywhere? UGH. What am I going to do? I swear I can feel my blood pressure rising by the second. We reach the corner and I keep hold of chory's arm in case he tries any funny business, like trying to touch a car out of curiosity or something. Not good. I look up at him, and his eyes are as wide as saucers, his mouth hung open. I hear a weird sound. What is-HOLY! I see a slow forming wet spot on chory's trouser front and I face palm. Impeccable timing to soil yourself, man. I blush yet AGAIN and yank him so he is facing the building to our backs. It said, "Layla's Flower Shop." And guess what? One of the workers decided to look out the window just then. Perfect.

"Chory! Snap out of it mate! Look what you've done now!" I hiss up to him and he blinks, looking down at his crotch. He at least has the decency to blush, and he bites his lip a little adorably, if I might add. I hear a DING! and snap my head toward the shop now in front of us. I eye the little woman up and down, and read her name tag. "Juicy=]". OK then? Do they let people do that now a days? Oh dear. The small African woman had her hands clasped at the front and was looking at chory with a huge smile. The hell is up with that? o.O

"Ahem!" I clear my throat and she shifts her gaze to me.

"Um, 'Juicy' is it? If you don't mind, if you are not planning on helping us out please stop attracting more attention to us by STARING." I say that last part loudly as she had resumed staring at chory again while I was talking, who in turn was blushing and looking to his left at the cars going by. She smiles wider and says with this weird quiver in her voice, "Oohhhh Brits!" then snags the both of us and drags the few feet to the front of the shop, her long bandanna covered dreads swinging behind her.

Juicy stops to open the door and proceeds to haul us inside. Has she even noticed Chory's little accident or has she just been creeping on him too long? We stumble in behind Juicy, and chory has to duck under the door which I chuckle at, and we are bombarded with the smell of, you guessed it, flowers. Juicy runs to the back behind some beads, and we are left standing there. I am getting a little worried here. We seem to attract the crazy ones, and I am not sure how the people of Palm Springs conduct themselves. All I know about it is that A LOT I mean A LOT of homosexual individuals live around here.

Oh, i hope it doesn't scare chory, especially since I like-WHOA! What were you about to think simon? Nothing? That's what I thought. Where is that lady? Why do I care?! We can just ditch this place!

"Simon? You are frightening me a small amount with the expressions passing across your face." Chory says uneasily, and I chuckle evilly. Oh, he has no idea. Just then Juicy walks out with some clothes in her arms. Sigh. Plots dismissed. Chory still looks uneasy, and I give him a reassuring smile. No need to scare him away now.

"Okay! I have decided to help you guys out! You guys are hot! So here are some pants for your little accident! Okay! Call me back when you've changed and we'll have some fun!" She thrusts the clothes at chory and I grimace. Oh, lord help us. Hot? Did she really have to throw that in there? Here we go, I guess.

--------that's chapter ten. sucky ending i know. :/ Give me constructive criticism! I need to feel the love! What do you guys think of Juicy? ;)--------------------------------------------