Chapter Six: Aerglo

I woke up in the morning with light streaming in on my face. It confused me at first, making me assume I was in the mansion. I opened my eyes and saw the top of the wooden bed frame I was under, and I realized it wasn't the mansion that I was in, but the castle instead. I blinked and slowly sat up, looking around the room. I stopped noticing the two handmaidens from yesterday bustling around my room. I stared at them, wondering what they were doing here, and as I started to open my mouth and ask they both realized I had woke up.

"Ah! You're awake! We were just looking for something,"Fawn chirped. She smiled at me. "Do you have any idea where your clothes are? We weren't the ones who put them away, and we knew you wouldn't want to wear any of the dresses sewn for you." I pointed at the dresser and Ruby walked over, opening it. She pulled out some clothes and brought them to the foot of the bed, giving me a warm smile.

"I assume you can dress yourself?"Ruby asked. I nodded and she nodded back, launching into the explanation for why she was in here. "The Prince has requested that you eat breakfast with them." I blinked and rose an eyebrow. Saros or Aerglo? Not Castor.

"Which prince?"I asked her. She tilted her head to the side.

"Yes it puzzled me as well, but it was the Second Prince,"Ruby replied. I gaped. It was him?! "Haha, that's the same face I made when he insisted upon it." I sighed and stood up, grabbing the pair of ripped blue skinny jeans she'd sat out. I pulled them on, as the handmaidens stood quietly waiting for me to finish. I lifted up my shirt, forgetting I didn't have a bra on and felt a draft. I sighed and looked down at myself, annoyed. Fawn rushed to the drawers and brought me a black bra. I pulled it on and hooked it in the back, finally pulling my new long t-shirt on. Ruby held out a pair of my converse and I took them, offering a smile.

"Does it benefit you to work in the castle?"I suddenly asked. Fawn made a surprised noise. I sat down and pulled the converse on, waiting for their answer.

"I am sure you have not figured it out yet....but the king only takes in orphaned beings as attendants. Fawn and I were living under a bridge foraging for berries and mushrooms,"Ruby spoke. I tied my left converse, and then moved to the right one, glancing at her from the side. "He took us in, gave us clothes and food. All he asked in return was that we work for him. Yes, we find it very beneficial."

"Is that so?"I muttered. I stood and walked over to my vanity table, gazing at the scattered jewelry and things upon it. I grabbed a beanie that was hanging from the side and sat it down, grabbing my brush. I ran the brush through my hair. "I suppose that's good then, if he treats you well. So. Favor any of the princes?"

"Good heavens!"Fawn exclaimed, shocked. I turned and grinned at her.

"I don't mean like that, Miss Fawn,"I giggled at her. She was blushing furiously, which lead me to believe she was either prude or she did favor a Prince. I sat the brush down and pulled the beanie on, adjusting it and turning back to the mirror. "I meant...which do you think is the nicest? That could of course mean in the looks department or personality." Fawn hummed. I turned back around. She put her hand on her chin in thought.

"I think the Third Prince is my favorite. The Second Prince is pretty ok, once you get to know him, and he's not shy in the looks department. The First Prince is....terrifying,"Fawn answered. She whispered the last part making me blink in confusion. The first prince is terrifying? That doesn't match what I saw last night at all...

"But everyone's said he's the nicest?"I questioned. Fawn shivered.

"My sister is right. He's terrifying. He's tried things with....both of us before. Deep down? He's an evil man,"Ruby spat as she talked about him. The guy pissed her off that much? I put my hand on my chin. He did seem cold...void of anything real. His eyes were weird too... I looked back up at Ruby and hummed.