Chapter Eighteen: The Glow That Ended It

When I woke up in the morning, I was ecstatic to be in Castor's arms. I buried my face deeper into his chest, and his arms wrapped around me in response. He squeezed me.

"Good morning, Isla,"he murmured. He was obviously tired. I hummed and closed my eyes, focusing on his overall warmth. "I was thinking....we should all bathe before we leave. I may have caught a sickness from the cells, and the others as well." I pulled away and looked up at his face. There was dirt smudged on his cheeks, and his eyes seemed brighter than they had yesterday. Is that my doing? Castor gave me a small smile. Sunlight was creeping into the room through a crack in the sliding paper doors, and it shone on Castor's bright, golden hair. I was in a little bit of awe as I stared at him. He looked warm out, but none of that seemed to matter. My heart swelled with emotion and shortly after I felt my eyes begin to water. Castor's face grew into an expression of alarm. "What's wrong?" I buried my face into his chest and let sobs shake my body.

I thought I'd never see you again, Castor...I thought. His arms wrapped around me tighter.

I'm here. Don't cry, I'm here. I'll never leave you again. Castor promised.

After we finished the baths, we all set out to Kalpana. Kalpana is directly southeast of Shi, so I knew that once we entered Kalpana our journey would come close to its end. I was only now thinking of how we were going to even go through with out plan. As we neared the border, Castor stopped us.

"We need a plan,"he told everyone. I felt cold, knowing I was about to discuss how to take revenge on his brother. It was odd. Somehow, a part of me knew that there wasn't a way to get around having to kill him. Erembour crossed his arms.

"We will probably have to use all of our gifts, in order to get Princess Isla to His Majesty. She will have to be the one to capture or kill him,"Erembour told us. I frowned. I couldn't kill Castor's brother.... Anwyl cast me a glance.

"So what, we keep her safe and get her to the castle? We'd need to find out everything. Where Aerglo will be, how many guards will be with him. How to even get through the castle at all,"Anwyl sighed. Llyr hummed.

"That's easy. We can figure those out as long as Prince Castor or Saros have a contact,"Llyr replied. I held my hands up.

"Stop, stop. I'm still on the whole...you know, me having to "kill" Aerglo,"I spoke. I shook my head and looked down. "I don't think I can do that."

"Isla, you took out those guards just fine..."Castor muttered to me. I flinched and felt his hand grab mine and squeeze. "I have someone who can inform us...and get us inside with ease." Castor intwined our fingers. I swallowed and looked back up.

"I've got time on our side....if needed I can freeze it and restart it. I suggest myself, The Spoiled Prince, and Princess Isla go on the inside to take out Aerglo,"Hajime spike. I glanced at him as I felt Castor tense up. Hajime shot him an equally venomous look and I frowned. What's that about? "Anwyl, Llyr, Erembour, and Saros will be the outside group, distracting everyone else so we can get inside and finish this. Spoiled Prince, how soon can you contact your friend?" Castor glared at him as he answered.

"As soon as we enter Kalpana. I can send a carrier pigeon to him. He and everyone in the inner castle know not to trust Aerglo. I can trust him,"Castor told Hajime. When it had been decided I felt my chest clench.

"Castor....guys...."I murmured. They all gazed at me. "I want to go visit my family first....I need to talk to them." Castor gave me a small squeeze of the hand and looked at Erembour.

"Lead us as close to to the ports as you can,"Castor instructed. Erembour nodded and lead us to the border. I was in shock looking over it. It was storming, rain pouring into the sea. It was almost as if it was mourning my loss or the loss of Kai and Geo. I crossed and I ran over to the half dock nearest to me. "Isla!" I reached down in the pouring rain and stuck a finger in the water. Cold! I looked back at my group as Castor reached me and pulled me away from the water. "Stop! It's too cold for you!" I turned and shook my head at him, grabbing both of his forearms as he held my upper arms.