Chapter Twenty-One: Our Happiest Days

I woke up in the morning, feeling sunshine on my face. When I brought my hand down to the mattress, I felt something soft and delicate. I blinked and picked a handful of whatever it is up. I sat up and looked to see that it was a mixture of black and red rose petals. I grinned and swept my hand over them, giggling that I knew Castor was the one who'd done it. Today was our wedding day. I saw a note on top of his pillow and I picked it up.

"The next time I see you will be at the alter, my future Queen."

I grinned and flinched when I heard a knock at the door. I blinked and cleared my throat.

"Come in?"I spoke. Ruby, Fawn, and Raven all walked in. And this began the process of getting ready for my wedding. While we were doing my makeup and hair, a knock sounded on the door.

"Lady Isla? Your mother, your uncle, your brother and your father are here to see you. Shall I let them in?"the guard outside called.

"Please do,"I replied. The door opened. I glanced and saw my mother come running towards me.

"Oh Isla! You look so beautiful!"she exclaimed. My brother laughed and grinned at me.

"Well she doesn't look like herself. I've gotta go, I'm Cas' best man, so he probably needs me. Later sis,"Kai told me. He turned and left, shutting the door. I gave my uncle and Geo nervous looks.

"What does your dress look like?"my mother asked. I looked back at her again as Raven kept fixing my hair.

"It's white. And there are sparkles,"I replied. I smiled at her. "No veil, though, I'm not into that tradition." My mother waved her hand dismissively. I grinned at her and glanced at Father and Alois. "Can I speak to my mother alone?" They nodded and left. "I was going to tell you, be prepared to get a divorce and then get married again." My mother blinked.

"What? What do you mean?"she asked.

"Your rightful place is with Geo. As Queen, I'll have power enough to override the councils soulmate decree, also as living proof,"I told her.  Her eyes widened. She looked stunned before a grin spread across her features.

"That's great,"My mother told me happily. I laughed with her.

When I was fully dressed and my hair and makeup were done, I was lead to the top of the ballroom stairs again. Our wedding party was to be held out in the ballroom, but the ceremony was actually at the fountain where Castor proposed. As I stood there, Geo on my arm and my mother in front of me about to go down, I felt nervousness grow in my chest and spread like wildfire. Geo squeezed my arm gently. I gripped my bouquet of black and white roses tightly in my hand, hopeful I wouldn't trip down the stairs. I knew I'd have to lift my dress a little bit so I could walk. The music started and my mother went first. Geo nodded at me and began leading me. I walked with him and swallowed as we went down the stairs. I could see all the guardians standing beside Castor as his groomsmen, and I saw Kai just beside him. Castor was in a black and white tuxedo, his hair was combed but still bushy like always, and his hands were gripped tightly in front of him. His crown sat on top of his head, and gleamed in the light as his head turned ever so slightly. When he saw me his eyes widened and his lips parted, indicating he was enchanted with my appearance.

I saw his face fill with emotion as Geo and I stepped down from the stairs and began going towards him. Before I knew it, we were standing in front of him and Geo was pulling my hand from his arm and passing it to Castor. I turned and handed the bouquet of mine to Fawn, who I had as one of my bridesmaids. She took it and stepped back. I turned and looked at Castor, grinning widely. He swallowed and we turned to the priest. Behind the priest I noticed the wedding chalices and my crown, which would be put on me after Castor and I had our kiss.