Chapter Eight: Leave

It took us half of the day to walk and reach my family mansion. When we arrived and I pushed the doors open, a maid who was walking by squeaked in shock. She stood still, trying to tell who we were behind the cloaks. I reached up and pulled my hood off and her eyes widened. She nearly dropped the folded towels she was holding when she rushed into her bow. I recognized her as one of the supernatural beings we'd hired a year ago, but I couldn't remember who she was or what she was. I frowned. Has my memory faded so quickly? I wondered. I shoved the thought back as she spoke.

"Lady Isla,"she greeted. I stepped in and Castor and Saros followed. I closed the door and walked up to the maid.

"Are mother and father home?"I asked. She shook her head at me. I frowned. So mother and Father went home directly after my departure then... I thought.

"Master Geo, and Master Kai are here,"the maid informed me. I nodded. Her gaze shifted to Castor and Saros. "Are those two guests of yours miss? Should I get some snacks laid out or perhaps..." I sighed and glanced at them.

"No, that will be alright,"I replied. I crossed my arms under my cloak, shivering slightly. Castor seemed to move closer to me, noticing it.

"Oh...alright then...."the maid murmured. After a minute of silence, I realized we didn't have time to stand here. We needed to hurry. I dropped my arms.

"What's your name?"I asked. The maid blinked.

"Silverpath,"she answered. My eyes widened slightly. A name like that indicates she's a night fairy. Rare.

"Alright, listen,"I began. She nodded. "Silverpath.....keep a secret." She tilted her head to the side. I walked over to Castor and jerked his hood off, then I did the same with Saros'. Sylvia put her hand over her mouth in a silent gasp. I couldn't blame her for being shocked. Seeing two princes out of the castle, and both covered in dirt and sweat. It wasn't a normal sight, especially since the closest thing to royalty she'd seen was myself or my family.

"The Third and The Second Prince!"she exclaimed. I nodded. I crossed my arms.

"Yes. We will need some damp towels as well, so that they might clean up a little. But first, please lead me to my uncle and brother, I must have words with them urgently,"I told her. She bowed and lead us down the hall. I glanced back to see Castor's eyes tracing over everything in the mansion. Saros seemed dazed still, as he had been all afternoon. Silverpath took us to the west wing, where Uncle's study was. She knocked lightly.

"Come in!"came the call. She opened the door and walked in, bowing.

"Your dau-I mean niece is here to see you and Master Kai,"Silverpath spoke. My feet began to ache suddenly. Not now! We walked into the room and Geo jumped up from his desk, rushing towards me as my knees went weak. I started falling and I felt two people catch me. I glanced back into the golden eyes of Castor, and then Geo in front of me. They helped me to one of the study chairs. Well this sucks...I didn't think I'd go weak that quickly... I thought.

"You're covered in blood and dirt!"Geo exclaimed in shock. His eyes went to the shell shocked Saros, and the stoic Castor. "What happened?"I swiveled my eyes at Silverpath. Geo, knowing she shouldn't be listening to this, waved her out and she quickly bowed, leaving and shutting the doors. "Tell me."

"Father was killed,"Castor spoke first. Geo's eyes widened. Castor moved and sat down on the couch. He looked worn out all of a sudden, like the urgency to escape the castle had left him once we'd met my uncle. "Aerglo did it, Councilman Geo." Geo sighed and stood upright, running his hand through his hair. Geo thought to himself for a minute. He opened and closed his mouth several times, not sure what to say.