Chapter Seven: Dead

Castor gaped disbelievingly at what I had just said. I sighed.

"No, that's not quite right....you were scared to tell me yourself....you want to keep this rude image of yourself, right?"I concluded. I rested my head on the back of the loveseat, letting out another breath. "Don't worry, Prince Castor....I won't tell anyone that you saved me or that you aren't really a Spoiled Prince." Castor kept silent. I closed my eyes. "Ah...man....I'm tired..." I opened my eyes again and tilted my head to the side, spotting Castor giving me a strange look. I gazed at him, wondering what the look on his face meant.

"Hey...that's not fair of you to keep a secret,"Castor told me. I rose an eyebrow. "I mean, keeping one of my secrets when I don't know any of yours. Tell me one?" I wrinkled my eyebrows. What could he possibly want to know? Still about my match? Can't he drop it?

"Um....like what?"I asked him.

"Well...you could tell me who your match really is,"Castor suggested. I sighed and stared up at the library's tall, tall ceiling. Maybe I should just tell him....he seemed relieved that it wasn't his brother. Does he want....does he want it to be him? I wondered. "Is it Saros?" I jerked and sat up looking at him in shock.

"No, no,"I laughed and shook my head. "It's DEFINITELY not Saros." Castor blinked in surprise before softening his gaze as he looked at me. "But, I can't tell you. Sorry." He sighed and looked away again. Suddenly his mood seemed to brighten and he looked at me again.

"How about....if I guess it, you tell me?"Castor asked. Like a child...he has to know.... I thought, silently laughing in my head. Suddenly my head throbbed...a flash of a little boy with golden hair laughing at something. As quickly as it had come it disappeared and I sat still staring at Castor. Was that him? When he was a kid? A memory from before the accident? Weird. I sighed and gave in.

"If you guess, and only then,"I replied, crossing my arms. Castor thought.

"Is it a girl?"He asked. I blinked. "Guess not...um....is it someone of a high position?" I nodded once, keeping silent. "Ew, is it my dad?" I laughed and shook my head.

"Ew, no,"I giggled. He laughed a little and then thought some more.

"Jace? A council member?"

"No, and no."

"I can't think of anyone else!"Castor let out a frustrated sigh. I rose an eyebrow. Is he really that dense, or is he just playing at it? Castor sighed and shook his head. "Someone of a high position, in the castle, that's a guy. WHO?!" Castor stood up and sighed again.

"You sure sigh a lot,"I told him. I tried to stress the you, thinking maybe that would hint at it.

"I know, it's a family trait,"Castor told me. He glanced down at me and then away again, pacing. "Can't you just tell me?" Oh my god, he is so dense.

"No I can't,"I replied. I took the opportunity of him getting up to slide down on the loveseat and lay back. I stared up at the ceiling again, wondering if he would ever get it.

"This guy...is he rude?"Castor suddenly asked. "Would he be mad if you told others before him? Is that why you won't tell me?" I snorted and closed my eyes.

"He is rude at times. But I don't think he would be too upset about it, I'm not quite sure,"I answered. I kept my eyes shut and frowned. "He might be, yeah, but if he would get mad...since I don't KNOW....that's not the real reason. Try thinking harder, I'm sure it will come to you." I stressed you again, hoping he would get it. I heard him pacing continuously, and I almost fell asleep, listening to his footsteps go back and forth. Suddenly it stopped.