It's Mr.Barrow to you.

Thomas woke up early the next day with a dry mouth and swollen eyes.

"If God exists he's a tyrant," he said to himself. No happiness for Thomas Barrow. No great love story for the ones that are different. Not even an ounce of respect.

He looked at his uniform. "I'm supposed to wear this," he said to his reflexion in the mirror. "I trained hard to look professional. I don't look stiff, I look like a butler, and a bloody good one."

Thomas let out a sigh and grabbed his comb, before hesitating and putting it down.

"Is that what he wants from me? Running around in my own clothes, hair flapping helplessly, looking disheveled?"

He slipped into his clothes and set to comb his hair meticulously, mumbling to himself.

"Has he noticed that I'm... different? Is this why he hates me? That would answer all my questions."

"He's insane. He doesn't know what is good for him or for his house. He will be nicer to me now that her Ladyship has put a stop to it. Unless he doesn't remember."

He sighed loudly.

"And so it is. Another day in paradise."

He stared at his reflection one last time.

"Don't you dare giving up. Don't you dare letting them win."

He knocked at his Lordship's door and opened it, only to find him hiding under the covers. "So he doesn't remember," thought Thomas. "Or he will pretend he doesn't. Either way, he won't have changed his tune."

He cleared his throat.

"Good morning my Lord, you have to get dressed. Your cousin leaves at ten o'clock."

No answer.

"Your Lordship?" He rolled his eyes. "Do I have to drag you out of bed, as her Ladyship requested?"

He heard a faint growl coming from under the blankets.

"Just go. I can dress myself."

Thomas scoffed, to his surprise. "Actually... No you can't."

His Lordship's blond head appeared from under the bed covers, his face distorted into an ugly grimace.

"I'm not coming down. And I'm not getting dressed. I'm not feeling well."

Thomas sighed.

"You are coming down. Her Ladyship said so."

He smiled with perfect composure, then his Lordship's words from last night came back in a flash. He cleared his throat.

"Please get up and let me do my job."

Lord Westforth took a deep breath, his eyes screwed up in some kind of concentration.

"Can't you just... dress my wife first, and then come back?"

Thomas's eyes widened in horror.

"Dress her Ladyship? What are you talking about!"

His Lordship's face reddened with irritation. He tried to sat up straight, but struggling with the sheets, started to shake with anger.

"Just do as I say for once, and leave me the fuck alone!"

Thomas froze.

"Very well, my Lord."

You bloody mad man.

His Lordship sighed in relief. Thomas opened the door to let himself out.

"I will be back with a cup of tea in ten minutes. Then I will dress you. Then you will have breakfast with your cousin."