Chapter 26 ~ A New Seven League

Taking in the change of atmosphere, the half-naked foreign girls throwing their hands in the air, more like jumping on the rhythm than dancing; Zaid glanced at Toni whose lips were contorting in a smirk. Apparently the good boy has a bad side as well.

"Welcome to Budapest, my wife's friend," Zaid blurted out of the blue despite they landed about four hours ago.

Toni laughed, nodding at a girl who walked past making the call me sign and turned to Zaid. "If this is what mafia meetings look like, I don't think I should be nervous at all."

"Very funny but this is the part where you relax for a while. The meeting isn't going to be here. Let's head to the VIP section."

Unfortunately the small town boy, who's got a sniff of the luxurious entertainment life, shook his head and walked over to the girl who flirted with him earlier. It appears that mingling with sweaty bodies was more comfortable than the plush couches and expensive drinks.

"Let's go Saeed."

They observed him dancing for a while, knowing it won't end any sooner, the two matured men joined their associates. Zaid as usual took the wine glass, smiled and pretended to watch over the loud giggling women. This time, however, his eyes were glued to Toni Hasim whose hand was roaming on the curves of the black haired girl. A small curse escaped from his lips.

"If he thinks a girl like Hiba will ever like him, he must be in a non-stop dream," Zaid said, still in awe to discover the other side of Toni Hasim.

Saeed, calm as usual, lit his cigarette. "Why are you caring for that girl so much?"

"She is Isabella's best friend. If she gets hurt, Isa hurts too and I hate to see my wife in pain."

"I'm sure he is having a temporary fun. Let the boy lives, Zaid and whoever brings tears in your wife's eyes, I'll rain hell on him. Cheers."

He touched his cigarette to his wine glass and took a long drag. There was still fifteen minutes to be summoned to the lower levels of this place. King always like his meetings taking place underground and till now Zaid never dare to question his verdict.

Feeling a buzz in his pocket, he took his phone out seeing a message from Zaynah.

Soon brother

In his arrogant triumph, he smirked. When he heard Eijaz was planning to move out of the city for the sake of their unborn child which he used as an excuse, Zaid had a three hour conversation with his sister by the cliff, a place where he used to mourn. They talked, discussed and planned on how to infiltrate The Legends.

The last meeting he had attended, Ismail Jafry suggested that his brother and Farah, the wife of Adeel Malik, were in love. It would have taken time but Akil interfered and suggested something else. Moron. If they had pursued this plan, Farah would have already been on their side and The Legends would no longer exist. Still, he never forgot and decided to go ahead with the plan except using Zaynah as a pawn which she agreed instantly due to her husband's lies and betrayal. It's only a matter of time before he'll be the most respected man in the underworld.

Take care little sister

He sent the message and ordered Saeed to fetch Toni. It's time. Upon entering the room with the two men behind him, his eyes fell on Akil's empty seat. Satisfaction coursed through his veins until he caught King eyeing him intently.

"Welcome son-in-law," he said.

Countless sets of eyes immediately riveted towards him and he sat down with a smile, Saeed taking his place by his right side while Toni backed away at the wall along with the secretaries or bodyguards who came along with their bosses. An ugly feeling of including Toni in his gang made him shudder internally. Is that why King asked to bring him? Come on, not the man who has his name in his top ten most hated lists.