Chapter 30 ~ A Jealousy Deeply Sowed

It was almost tomorrow, barely minutes for the clock to touch midnight. Isabella drove with windows down on the empty road with one or two cars spotted along. The cold air raised goosebumps on her skin and pushed her long hair back. She was shivering instead of sweating. Taking deep breaths from the air that carries a hint of dampness, she felt like one of those actresses in a movie who is going through something rough but decided to be dramatic and sexy about it.

Love and hate

These two words, deep feelings always come together each time she thought of Zaid. She appreciated that he saved her best friend from getting ruined but loathed that he almost took a human life in front of her. Their relationship was a confirmed complicated one.

Isabella knew if she wasn't King's daughter, Zaid would have become a total control freak, convoys of bodyguards would be with her everywhere, he might chained or tortured her if she raise her voice at him. Abusive, a tub of tears, bruises, treatment like animal, psychopathic behaviors, all of these factors would be her life. But she's more powerful than him; she held a higher status in the mafia world than Zaid so he only has the option of loving her for he's not a fool while she can love, hate, slap, complain to her father about him. He is helpless in her presence.

A single tear dropped from her eye because no matter whom she is and how powerful, she'll never receive the same place as Ishana's in his heart.

Turning into the driveway, Isabella stopped her car behind the others. She had no idea at what time they arrived for she was driving at a slower speed despite zero congestion. Not wanting to face anyone at the moment, she walked towards the swimming pool from the side of the mansion and spotted Saeed sitting, letting his feet soak in the calm blue water.

"Mind if I join you?"

He startled on hearing her voice but nodded. He is an employee, he has to obey. She has no need to ask but Saeed feels like family. An elder brother to both her husband and she, for he is always there to advice or clean their mess.

Isabella sat cross-legged, not wanting to wet her beautiful dress as it's the last time she's wearing it. If Zaid didn't burn it before, she'll do it herself. Silence reigned. Each one was probably waiting the other to speak first and eventually it was Isabella.

"He never moves on, does he?" She stated, keeping her eyes on the water.

"He loves you only and hopes that you only love him in return."

"No matter how I try, I can't. At some point, he does something that makes me dislike his behavior. It's nothing but a love and hate relationship."

Saeed chuckled in a low tone. "Try taking the hate out and he might give you the love you want from him."

Isabella pondered. She never tried not hating Zaid. Who knew this could be the hindrance in their relationship? It won't be easy but there's no harm in trying something new.

"I'll think about it. Have a good night Saeed."

"You too and take more care of this little angel growing inside of you."

Climbing the stairs to go to her bedroom, she noticed Toni rushing down. They stopped and take a good look at each other. Lines of exhaustion and worry covered his forehead while frustration was in all his eyes.

"I shouldn't have gone there and even if I did I shouldn't have bring her with me. I'm sorry Toni."

"It's not your fault Isa. You didn't know, no one knew. Time will be her healer and Zaid called Dr. Pascal, he left a little while ago. I'm going to make a soup for her."

"Sure, use anything you need and don't hesitate to ask me."

"No, I'll ask the maid or Saeed, even Zaid. You need to rest because you are- anyways Zaid told us to stay here for a few days until Hiba gets better. That girl is an open book, anyone can figure what happened to her and we don't wish to worry her parents or mine so I informed them that we are all staying at a resort. You are taking good care of us because Zaid isn't in town. It was Zaid's idea by the way not mine."