Chapter 45 ~ A Boy Friend Drama

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Eshaan yelled as he fell down being careful to touch his broken nose though. There was no blood but it became sensitive and hurt like a bitch. Veer shook his own hand after the powerful punch then he extended his arm, pulling his cousin up on his feet.

"That's for kissing Akira," he said, fully calm and composed, turning his eyes to the gorgeous view of Dubai under the stars.

"You are jealous." Eshaan began laughing even though it was hurting his face. He stood next to Veer and placed his hands into his pockets letting the chill air blow on his face to soothe the burning pain.

"I'm not jealous. I have great respect for my stepmother and Arhaan so the last thing I need is you messing around with Akira especially after you dated her cousin."

"Look, I know you regret the things you did to Akira and wish to do anything to repent but breaking my nose won't be of any help. To sprinkle some more salt, that was her first kiss by the way."

Veer stared at Eshaan realizing how the 'playboy' as everyone had nicknamed him is not so bad after all and probably the kindest of them all. He never hurt Akira, not even accidentally. While Veer Yazzir who had a good reputation supposedly, screwed up his chance with Akira all because of her twin sister.

"I wish I had met her first instead of Anisha," Veer confessed, finally knowing someone who could understand him.

"Me too but I think Akira likes me. She was neither scared nor feeling uncomfortable with me."

"You take good care of her Eshaan or I'll break more than just your nose."

"I will remember."

The two boys went silent both regretting for falling in the trap of the wrong twin sister and is fully aware that only one of them has a higher chance to win the heart of the good one. Hearing voices coming from behind, Veer finally saw Akil Omar. He was talking to Akira as they were taking a stroll at the other end of the terrace.

He was fully blinded with anger remembering how his stepmother had narrated what this man had done to her.

"Veer"

Despite Eshaan was standing close to him, his voice drowned by the tears of his stepmother and the promises she made them swear after narrating the tale. She wanted to deal with Akil in a mature way not resort to violence as an eye for an eye.

"Veer," Eshaan yelled this time but he was already walking towards them, ready to push that man off the railing or break him till nothing is left. His fingers came into a fist ready collide with his jaw when Akira stepped in between, placing a hand on his chest.

"Veer please," she begged, tears filling in her eyes. He glanced at her, his jaw still tightened from a rage that continued to build up.

"He's my father," she said, a lone tear falling down her cheek. He wanted to wipe it away but he couldn't. He lowered his hand and glared at Akil Omar, disgust replacing the fury.

"Only because of her, I'm sparing you Akil."

"Why? You love my daughter?"

He asked and Akira turned to face him at once. "Dad, please," she said and Akil smiled at her. It took her a few seconds and she realized that's the first time she called him father.

"No I don't but I care for her," Veer said leaving them standing in solitude. Akira wanted to rush after him but somehow she couldn't move. Eshaan approached them and she noticed a bruise on his nose.

"What happened to you?"

"I collided with the wall," he answered. "I'm Eshaan Yazzir, Akira's friend," he said, extending his hand that Akil shook firmly with a tight smile after the moment of drama. Eshaan almost wanted to add 'hopefully your future son-in-law' but he refrained noticing that Akira's cheeks turned slightly red.

"Nice to meet you Eshaan and I hope there's no bad blood between us."

"Of course not, Ishana auntie had a plan and if you're still here, it means it worked out successfully so no enmity anyways will you have some tiramisu, we usually eat dessert after dinner."

Akil nodded and Akira stomped on Eshaan's foot lightly. Nonetheless, shy suited her like no one else. He quickly went downstairs and put them in three plates ready to take them back on the terrace when Veer appeared.

Noticing there's no one else around, he asked him.

"What was that Veer? I thought Ishana auntie, you and I had one big conversation before they even arrived to Dubai. You're supposed to act normal."

"I hate that man and now I disliked Akira for taking his side. You see I'm not jealous if you're hooking up with her because she and I will never be possible as long as that man lives."

"He's her biological father Veer. She can never change this fact and it's obvious she will take his side no matter who he was or how crooked his past was."

"I know and seeing her with you or Akil just reminded me of Anisha. After all they are sisters."

Eshaan took a step back, placing the spatula on top of the dessert. "You seriously just compared Akira with Anisha. Are you for real right now? How could you even say something like this?"

Veer said nothing and took a bottle of water from the fridge, scurrying out of the kitchen. When Eshaan arrived upstairs, he served them the desserts quickly and excused himself because he badly needed to talk to Ishana auntie before his idiotic cousin foils the plan.

"Is Eshaan your boyfriend?"

Akira stopped eating and shook her head in denial. "No. Why would you even ask me this question?"

"You're blushing in his presence."

"I'm not."

"Well you are blushing right now."

"Dad, stop."

"Twenty four hours ago, you didn't even want to see my face and now you're accepting me as your dad so I think you like him or he likes you."

Akira decided to end this conversation and focused solely on the delicious dessert while her mind somehow drifted to Eshaan. She met him after quite long and readily allowed him to kiss her even though anything barely romantic has ever happened between them if she doesn't count the first time they actually met. She almost fell but he was quick to catch her in his arms or when he comforted her when she was at her worst state.

"You're blushing again," Akil said.

Maybe it was a little romantic but at that time everyone thought the mean girl was back.

"Okay you need to stop saying that because I am not blushing. It's the cold air that's rushing blood to my cheeks," she defended and spotted Han rushing towards her.

"Hey, where were you?"

He didn't answer and instead whispered in her ear. Akira listened attentively and when he's done she turned to her father who had a curious look on his face.

"When the agents of The Legends caught you, you were in the parking lot of a mental hospital. What were you doing there?"

She asked and Akil gulped, looking between Han and her.