Chapter 47 ~ A Shoulder To Cry

Hiba paced the hotel room, eyes going on her watch gifted by Zaid, multiple times. The meeting should have been over about an hour ago but there's still no sight of him. She wrapped the shawl even tighter to shield from the cold. She wondered why such a cold place was selected to have their annual meeting.

Couldn't it have been somewhere below the equator in South America or Africa? At least it would have been bearable.

Upon hearing the knock, she rushed to the door and saw Zaid, looking exhausted and the stench of alcohol and cigarettes coming from him.

"Should I be concerned?" She asked, crossing her arms beneath her chest.

"I should have left you in Paris. You wouldn't have been bored," he said, closing the door and taking off his blazer. He sat on the edge of the bed, running a hand through his hair and realized dinner was brought in and left untouched.

"You didn't eat?"

"I was waiting for you."

"Hiba I told you it would have taken time. You should have eaten or go for a walk. Seoul is a beautiful place exclude the cold weather."

She laughed and placed the food tray between them on the bed. She took a spoonful of the soup and brought it to Zaid's mouth. He smiled and held her hand to prevent anything from spilling down his shirt.

"It's really good. Now it's my turn."

He kept feeding her and would eat at times, drinking the citron tea alongside that felt like a booster and warm the insides. Once done he went to shower and Hiba changed into flannel pajamas with hearts all over. She had bought it in Paris but never had a chance to wear it before.

Glint was all in her eyes when he stepped out with a towel covering his lower body only. He shook his wet hair on her face while holding her tight at the waist. Suddenly the cold room doesn't feel so forlorn.

"Zaid stop, you should wear something before you fall sick."

"I will. I just needed to see a vibrant smile after the crappy night I've had. Order desserts, I'll tell you all."

"Okay," she said getting the task done at once, wondering what Isabella had said or worst did to him.

They climbed on bed, blanket wrapped around her shoulders while popping a honey pastry in her mouth. Zaid laid his head on her lap.

"She made a fool out of me in front of those gangsters especially their kids who are now all grown up, training to step into their parents shoes. They ended up laughing on my face. They were happy to have a fun mafia Queen who has pranked her husband."

"She's a bitch," Hiba said, running her fingers on his forehead.

"That's what I told her and she told me to burn in hell."

"Like she isn't going there, Zaid I think you should really do something about it."

"I already told you I can't divorce her. I'll lose everything much that I hate but I need Isabella till death do us part."

She nodded because that's a dead-end argument for both of them. They were in love but can't be one unless Isabella dropped from the face of earth.

"Zaid, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"If Isabella dies then who replace her?"

"Well King has no other heir, Kamilah is gone or dead which I don't really care about so it will leave me but I want you to know loud and clear. I don't hate her so much that I can kill her."