3 0

everett

wrong, he thinks, trying to pull himself away and into a sane state of realization. he's kissing aidan. holy shit, this is wrong.

he backs away against the end of the couch, aidan practically falling out of his lap. everett doesn't know how he gets up on his two feet, with the loss of sensation throughout his body. "we can't— we weren't supposed to do that."

"i'm sorry," aidan's face crumbles, yet he looks anything but, with his lips a nice pink and his chocolate hair standing in a few odd directions.

"i'm with fiona now, aidan." everett murmurs, in an attempt to find his voice but failing to put any fight into it. "you don't get to kiss me like that."

"you kissed me back!"

"and i shouldn't have!" he yells, because he hasn't sunk this low in a while. he's a cheater, something he never thought he would have to label himself as.

"why do you have to be with her?" aidan yells, his voice cracking. "why do you have to be with her, everett? when i know how you feel about me?"

"you don't know her."

"no," aidan laughs bitterly. "i don't know you."

"get out," he whispers, and aidan's shoulders slump. "just go."

aidan picks up himself up, with all of his visible broken pieces, and makes his way out of the apartment.