Lorenn

Fernando leaned forward, entwining his fingers together over his desk. "I am going to continue in English, so that Yunara can understand. Manuel, what you just experienced with the Ancient Ones Yunara has been through as well. You have both been chosen by the Ancients to stop Lord Francis Stretton from releasing the Dark Lords. You are two out of five that they have chosen. Yunara, you have the names and locations of them all. In order to get to some of them, it would be a shorter journey if you get there by paralleling from here on Earth. Manuel, in the book I gave you, your father included a map of parallel points so you can plan out the quickest route to where you're going.You have to find all the rest that were chosen by the Ancients. But you will also need to find the Swords of the Ancients."

"Swords of the Ancients?" Yunara asked.

"Manuel's parents have actually done part of your work for you," At this Manuel's eyes widened and he leaned forward. "When?" he asked.

"Before you were born. They were given a task by the Ancient Ones themselves to find and collect all of the ancient weapons, five swords said to have great power. They found them all, but because of Lord Stretton they... ran out of time and had to hide them before they were able to get it into our hands, those of us that speak to the Unseeables. You will have to discover where they hid them, and the secret to where they were hidden is inside the second book that Manuel Suarez IV wrote."

Manuel's displayed a lot of emotions, but he seemed too overwhelmed to express them. He leaned back in his chair.

It was Yunara that said, "But wait, how did Manuel's parents get involved in all of this?"

"That, would be best that you learn on your journey together. Down the path you're going, it's impossible to avoid their story. Now, what I would suggest is that you both take a few days to stay here and make plans, but the sooner you leave the better. Cadri can only buy you so much time, as I've already explained to you, Yunara. Now, before either of you do anything else, I suggest we ask the Unseeables for their advice on how you should proceed. You need to get used to talking to them. Their help will be invaluable. Are you both ready?"

Yunara looked to Manuel, who wouldn't make eye contact with her. His expression was unreadable, and his thoughts were someplace else. On his parents, it must have been. To Yunara it was clear that he would only be helping her to find out more information about them. She worried about if he found what he was looking for before they had done all they needed to accomplish. Would he continue on her side? She wasn't sure.

"I'm ready to ask them," Yunara, turning her gaze from Manuel.

"So am I," Manuel said, being the first thing he'd said in a while.

"Very well. Yunara, you have the silver bell I gave you to talk to the Unseeables. I am going to leave you and Manuel here alone to ask them what they recommend you do first. You need to get used to asking them for advice and being able to hear them. Call for Lorenn. She was assigned to help you, so she will be the easiest to hear." Fernando got up from his seat and went for the door. "When you're done, I'll be waiting for you in the parlor."

Fernando left the two alone to themselves. A few moments passed in silence. Manuel leaned on the side of his chair with his hand covering his mouth, absorbed in his thoughts. Yunara didn't say anything, feeling she was interrupting. She had no idea how he must feel. From his perspective, he didn't even know anything existed outside of anything here on Earth.

Realizing that she was looking to him, Manuel seemed to stir from his stupor and said, "Let's begin then, no? What do we have to do?"

"Fernando told me I have to ring this," Yunara said shyly, still feeling self-conscious, feeling his eyes on the gills on her neck and her webbed fingers. She pulled out the little silver bell that Fernando had given to her before and rang it lightly.

Moments passed without anything happening.

"Maybe you should ring it louder," Manuel suggested.

Yunara tried his suggestion, but the results were the same.

Manuel shrugged with no new suggestions to offer. Yunara tried to think of what she was doing wrong. Perhaps she should try calling for Lorenn specifically. Fernando implied he would be the easiest to call. Maybe this meant that for now hearing from any other Unseeables would be difficult. "Lorenn?" she called softly while ringing the bell again. "Lorenn, are you there?"

Wings flapped behind her, and Lorenn came flying, landing on the desk. You called? She said.

Yunara said, "Lorenn, we understand what the Ancient Ones want us to do now. But we don't know how we should go about doing it. I gave you the list of the ones they chose and where they are, but we don't know the best way to get there. Do you... have a suggestion?"

Yes. Lorenn's eyes unfocused off of Yunara, looking into space. Understanding distance and travel between this world and Caorfi can be challenging for mortals, I know. Lorenn paused for several moments, her head tilting several times, as if she were looking through space, through worlds with her hypnotizing eyes. Most parallel points here in Spain lead to Ecencia. So start with the Crilan girl living in Ecencia, Kailu. It would be easiest if you parallel from a town here called Seville. From there, you can reach the town of Revett. Afterwards, you should set sail towards the waters of Italy to find Luca. Finally, you should head to Cannes, France, which will take you to the right location in the country of Gaiza, where Shi'ran lives.

"And the Ancient Weapons we're supposed to retrieve? How do we get those?"

Don't worry about those for now. For now, concentrate on the three chosen of the Ancients remaining. The weapons are safely hidden, and when it's time to reveal their location, they will be secure. But the chosen are vulnerable, and need to be united quickly.

Manuel asked, "Is there anything we should bring with us before we leave?"

Lorenn focused on Manuel, staring at his eyes. Everything that we've given you, as well as money and weapons. Other than that, I'm afraid you'll have to improvise. I would recommend that you leave within a day or two. No more. The enemy moves quickly, and we must move quicker. Whenever you need me, just call the way you have just now. Call me often, so that I can continue teaching you how to speak with Unseeables. The more accustomed you are to speaking with us the better. We want to help you as much as possible. Cadri has an item that allows her to speak with you, as you already know. Since the enemy keeps her close, she will act as our spy. Good luck on your journey. If you need help, just ring the bell.

With that, Lorenn flew off and disappeared.

--

Hello all! I know these last few chapters have been a lot of explaining, but bear with me, they were necessary. Don't worry, there's a lot of action up ahead, so stay tuned ;) What do you think of Manuel and his back story? Or the history of the Unseeables and their relationship with mortals? Let me know in the comments below!