Home Is Where The 💓 Is

I walked downstairs to the kitchen the next morning in my PJ's. I had on a white tank top and shorts that had roses on them. Luke was at the stove, and the boys were eating pancakes. "Woah, dad's chefin' it up!"

"Dad is tastey food!" Tate smiled, mouth dripping maple syrup.

"I think you mean dad makes tastey food bud..." I smiled and sat beside him.

"Duh, that's what I said... You're silly." He took another bite of pancakes. Luke put a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of me with a glass of lemonade.

"Thanks Dad." I smiled and took a bite of pancakes. "Oh my God dad, this is delicious! What's your secret?"

"Bacon Grease..." He whispered so the boys wouldn't hear and know his secret. The secret made him cool.

"Oh my goodness dad..." I laughed and took another bite.

"Hey boys, how about we all go to the beach today?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!"

"Beach, beach, beach!"

"Sure dad..." I smile.

An hour later we pull up at the beach. The boys run over to the waves immidiately. "Hey, you two stay where your sister and I can see you!"

I help dad set up the blanket. We weigh down the corners with the cooler, the shoes, the bag of towels and finally the cordless radio. It's a huge blanket, it could fit all four of us, plus a fifth person. All of the sudden, Chris walks over.

"Hey Chris." I smile as I start the Radio on Cat Country. I lay on my back and put my sunglasses on.

"Why do chicks insist on tanning?" Chris asks Luke.

"Why do guys insist on questioning chicks, when all they want is to look good for the guy?" I sassily retorted.

"Who do you want to look good for?"

"None of your business..."

Chris held his heart as if in pain. "Ow! I think she just stabbed me bro!"

Luke smiled, as did I. "Oh shut up you dork..."

The boys ran over, soak and wet in their swim trunks. "Uncle Chris! Come swim with us!"

"I'm coming boys..." Chris fallows them.

"Who do you want to look good for Abbie-Marie?"

"No one dad..."

"Bull..."

"It's not important dad..."

"Fine, then I'll have to kill off the entire male population, until I off the guy you want to look good for..."

I throw my sun tan lotion at him smiling.

"You can tell me anything you know."

"Not this..."

"Yes you can."

"No dad, I really can't."

"I wanted to give you a chance to tell me, but I know it's Chris..." I sat up, shocked look on my chubby baby face.  "I'm not upset. I expected something like this to happen... I expected it to be Kane, because he's a little younger, but I'm glad you like a guy as great as Chris... Not some low life jerk..."

"Dad I wasn't trying to like him..."

"Abbie-Marie, I believe you love who you love, it ain't nothing you should ever be ashamed of..."

"Love that song!"

"It's perfect for the situation... Listen. You want to be with Chris, once you turn eighteen, I'd be happy for you to be with him..."

I hugged him, smile on my face... I finished tanning an hour later, and I decided to go for a swim. The salty cool waves surrounded me. Chris swam over to me, Tate was on his shoulders, and Bo was on his back. The boys looked so happy around him. He treats kids good, he would be a great dad someday... Not with me, I highly doubtful he would ever like his beat friend's daughter. I'm practically his niece!

"Abbie-Marie, are you okay? You look confused again..."

Damnit, how can he read me like that? "Yeah, I'm fine..."

"Boys, come eat your chicken!"

"Coming daddy!" The boys ran out towards the blanket.

"You're not hungry?"

"No."

"Your uh, your tan looks really nice..."

"Thanks..."

"And your bathing suit is pretty..."

I looked down at my pink lace two piece. The bottom was a skirt that reached the top of my thighs, and the top reached my hips and showed the slightest bit of my somewhat full chest. The fabric fit my thick curves perfectly. "Thanks... You look nice too..." God, stupid girl... He doesn't have a damn shirt on and you say he looks nice! Well, his stomach and chest is toned perfectly. He's thick in the perfect way, not skinny, not heavy... His chest is covered so sexy in the perfect amount of dark hair. She shivered at the thought.

"Are you cold? Maybe we should get out of the water so you can wrap up in a towel..."

"Oh, no, I'm fine, really..."

"Okay..." You are fine...  He thought to himself. God damn Chris, c'mon... That's Luke's little girl...