Chapter-44

Shreya POV

" Kabir, you need to let me go. I have to get you thermometer and medicines." I said.

" You are my medicine Shreya. Now keep quiet and let me sleep." He said.

" Kabir, you are burning! Let me get you medicine." I said sternly.

He did not say anything, nor did he let me go.

" Do you want me to call mom?" I asked him.

" No." He said.

" Then let me go." I said.

" Fine." He said and loosened his grip around me.

I placed the thermometer in his mouth. He had 101.4 degree.

" Kabir, now sit. I'm getting you biscuits. Eat them and then I'll give you your medicine. Also, I'm going to call your PA and inform her that you will not be able to come today. I will also call in sick today from work." I said.

" No Shreya, I have an important meeting today. I need to attend it." He said sternly.

I know what to do.

" Mom." I shouted.

Kabir glared at me.

Mom and dad came to our room.

" What hapened Shreya?" Dad asked.

" Dad, this Kabir is having fever and is not allowing me to cancel his meeting." I complained.

" Fever? How?" Mom asked.

" Nothing....." Kabir started but I cut him off.

" Because he was working till 4 in the morning." I said.

" Kabir, are you insane? You are not going anywhere today. All day, you will be in bed." Mom ordered without leaving room for any sort of discussion.

Mom kissed Kabir's forehead and exited the room.

" Now eat this. I am getting your medicine." I ordered.

He nodded like an obedient child.

I gave him medicine and tucked him in. I then informed Kabir's PA about him being on leave and I called in sick. The moment I called in sick, Anika called me.

" Vaibhav told that you called in sick.What happened? Did you eat too much ice-cream?" Anika asked as soon as I took her call.

" I'm fine Anika, it's Kabir. He worked all night yesterday and now fell sick. I am taking care of him." I informed her.

" Okay. Take care and call if required." She said.

" I will. So how is Advika?" I asked her.

" Very well. She is sleeping." She said.

" You take care of yourself and her. I'll call you later." I said.

" Bye." She said.

We hung up.

I went downstairs and prepared upma for Kabir. Bhabhi was preparing Aloo parathas for Aditya.

" Good morning Shreya." Bhabhi said.

" Good morning bhabhi." I replied.

" How is Kabir now?" She asked.

" I just tucked him in. Sleeping right now after taking medicines." I said.

She nodded.

" Once he wakes up, tell him that Siddharth is taking care of the meeting. He needs not worry." She said.