Chapter 25

Alex appeared from the room, shooting them a small smirk before gesturing for the exit. Wolf pushed the key into the door, praying it was the right one and that it would not trigger any alarms. When nothing began screaming at them, K-unit breathed a sigh of relief as they flooded out the door. They looked around in surprise. They have been closer to civilisation than they realised, seeing the city skyline in a distance away through the trees. Alex was on the move again, the others scrambling behind him to keep up. When Alex walked onto the carpark he seems to be looking around for a specific car and to their surprise, the lights of the car flashed, indicating that someone just unlocked it. They turned to see Alex holding a key, looking smug before he pushed them all towards the car. Alex pulled out of the parking lot, hightailing out of the compound just as it explodes. K-unit turned around in horror, they could have been in that blast?!
"No. I set off the self-destruct just then." Alex said, thinking about how he saw Dr three from the security footage and that all the rooms could be locked remotely from the control room, he had then locked the doctor of his study before setting up the building for self-destruction.
They then realised that Alex, the only one that is injured, is driving. "Are you sure you are okay to drive?"
"I'll be fine, I do it all the time." Alex replied, brushing them off, missing the wince from his choice of words. He then reached for the phone he snatched from one of the guards, pushing at the buttons. When he held the phone out to Wolf to hold without saying a word, the man was confused about what he is suppose to do. He jumped when a voice came through on the speakers.
"Hello. Who is this I'm speaking to?"
"Dima, you owe me a favour." Alex said, eyes on the road. There was a pause on the other end. "Princess?" This time Alex paused, his lips pressed into a thin line. The unit stared in shock and confusion. What is going on right now???
"Dima, you know how I feel about being called princess."
"Yeah. Yeah. Only your boyfriend can call you princess and you miss him a lot whenever I remind you by calling you princess." Dima said, they could imagine Dima was waving them off. "Aw but how come you let Yasha call you princess?"
Alex sighed. That wasn't even the most important thing right now. "Because Yasha is my boyfriend. Back to what this was about, I need a safe house and a plane."
"Gotcha," they could hear Dima on the other end, tapping away, "what are you doing in Russia anyways? Last I heard from boss was that you're in Rome."
"Got caught... And why is your boss talking about me?"Alex asked, checking behind him to see if anyone was following them. "Usual place," Dima said, telling Alex where the safe house is, "they wanna borrow for you from '6 but they said you weren't free." The unit saw something in Alex's face change. He looked so cold yet anger radiated from him.
"WHAT THE FUUU- " Wolf exclaimed as Alex did a 180° turn and sped off back in the direction they came from before breaking off into a smaller road.
"You have people with you?" Dima asked, they could hear him shuffling about as if gathering things together.
"Yes, this is my team for my mission and my SAS team."
"The one that Yasha used to shit-talk about saying they were mean to you and that he wanted to burn them all?" Dima asked, amused. Alex glanced over at Wolf in the passenger seat next to him and then glanced at the rest from the rear view mirror. They all seemed genuinely afraid that something was going to happen to them.
"I would appreciate it if you don't scare them like that." Alex said and heard Dima go 'ah' on the other side as if that had answered all the questions he had.
"I'm off, guys! See you!" Dima called out to his colleagues that were still remaining in the government building before he left. Alex took that as a message saying that he was going to meet them at the safe house later before he took the phone from Wolf and hung up. When they began asking him questions, he knew he was in for another long night.