Perfect

There was no way. There was no way you could be pregnant. But, the more you thought about it, you realized how possible it could actually be.

In your three year relationship with Tyler, you had the occasional protection slip up but nothing ever close to a pregnancy scare. Before you could actually start to get worried that you were pregnant your period came.

This was different.

You looked down at the timer on your phone, 1:43 left until you would know for sure. Your mind instantly went to Tyler. How would you tell him? You didn't even know if he wanted kids. It had never been discussed. The two of you had only ever briefly talked about marriage one day, in the far future. But now, no matter the outcome it would be a conversation you were having in the immediate future.

You were pulled from your thoughts as the timer on your phone went off. You looked down at the pregnancy test and your worries and fears were confirmed. You were pregnant. In that exact moment you heard the front door close and knew Tyler was home form practice. This was it, you had to tell him now.

"(Y/N)?" You heard him call out, looking for you.

"Up here!" You yelled, scrambling to put yourself together and momentarily hide the pregnancy test. He needed to find out from you and not by finding a pregnancy test on the bathroom counter of your shared master bedroom. You finished just as he walked into the room, greeting you with a kiss. Instantly, he knew something was wrong. He could feel it, you were tense and worried, and you weren't hiding it well.

"What's wrong?" His voice filled with concern.

Before you could answer him, you were crying.

"Hey, hey it's okay. Whatever it is you can tell me." Tyler said pulling you into his chest, running his fingers through your hair as he continued to whisper calming thoughts into your ear. It took a few minutes but you finally calmed down and prepared yourself for what you were about to say.

"I have to tell you something." You said, looking at the ground unable to make eye contact with the man standing in front of you. But before he could say anything you blurted it out.

"I'm pregnant." You said.

Slowly, you picked your head up, making eye contact with Tyler. He just stood there, his face blank. You were trying to read his expression but you were stuck. He was obviously in shock, you just couldn't tell if it was good or bad shock. Suddenly, he turned and left the room going into his portion of your 'His and Hers' closets. You were sure he was going to grab a suitcase for you and tell you to pack your belongings and go. That thought brought an onset of more tears, as you gently lowered yourself so that you were sitting on your bed, head in your hands.

"What- Oh no, this isn't- (Y/N), please stop crying." Tyler said kneeling down in front of you.

"I'm sorry," you sobbed. "I didn't plan this. We never even talked about kids or marriage really, I'm sorry."

"(Y/N), there's nothing to be sorry for, please just look up."

You slowly your eyes rose to meet Tyler's. He was kneeling, but only on one knee. Your jaw instantly dropped.

"Tyler, what are you doing?" You could barely get out.

"I've had this for about a month." He said confidently. "I was waiting for the right time, I wanted this to be perfect. But, you can't plan perfect." He laughed. "All I want is you, forever. I want to come home to you after long road trips. I want to spend Saturday mornings with you walking the dogs. I want to have a family with you." You were still crying, although now you were crying happy tears instead of sad tears. As he spoke, Tyler wiped them away, smiling at you. "I love you so much and I can't picture my life without you. So, (Y/N), will you marry me?" He said opening the box to reveal a shiny diamond ring.

You nodded, since you were crying so hard you couldn't make out words. You didn't even look at the ring. You didn't need to. Tyler could ask you to marry him with a ring pop and still, you would have said yes. It wasn't the ring you wanted, it was him.

He gave you a big hug, placing the ring down on the bed so he could properly hold you.

"You know, you never actually said yes." He whispered into your ear.

You lightly pushed him away from you, giving him a look.

"Yes." You said, as he picked the ring up, and slid it onto your finger. You looked down at it.

"I love you, Tyler." You said, leaning in to kiss him.

"I love you too." He reached down to your stomach, and rested his hand gently on top of it. "And, I love you." He whispered looking down at you stomach.

Tyler said he couldn't plan perfect. You smiled looked around at Tyler, smiling back up at you, his hand still placed on your stomach, and the dogs that had come upstairs to your bedroom. But, this was your family, and it was perfect.