Chapter 4: The Third Year

Hola, Mí amigos! If you read the A/N, then you know why I didn't get this chapter done, and with that being said:

Disclaimer: I do not own any of her characters from the movie Coco, only the Velez family, Hermosa, Juanita, Mrs. Tessa, Camila and the story's Plot!

Enjoy!

________________________________

Well, third time's a charm and Héctor felt on top of the world when the face scanning machine happily dings for the third year in a row, allowing him to cross over the bridge. Héctor cheerfully was about to cross the marigold bridge once again, yet throughout the year he had considered telling Imelda about his visits, trying to reconcile after so many years. But he could never manage to bring up the nerve to do so. She had been adamant about them staying apart for the rest of their days in the Land of the Dead, about him having no contact with the family whatsoever. He was honestly scared that she would try and prevent him from visiting the family. This time though, he had some family to go back to, his side of the family. Instead of walking across the flower bridge this year, María was just in time to catch up with her brother and they both went together, his hermanita wanted to see her sister-in-law's side of the family since they have never seen each other.

You see, when Héctor had left his family to play music and never came back, his wife, Imelda Rivera, had wanted him out of her life so much, that she had cut all contact from the Velez family so they would never speak to each other, or met each other. No other family member had heard or seen the other since then. That's why María wanted to see the whole Rivera family with her brother so she can know her Sister-in-law's family better.

He easily lead María the marigold path to the hacienda, remembering where to go from the last 2 years and entered the courtyard without caution. Like last year and the year after, people hustled and bustled about, though more of them were in the kitchen putting the final touches on the night's feast.

Héctor wandered around, looking for Coco and noting the differences in everyone from last year. While María was gushing and squealing at the great great grandchildren and closed softly at the two new additions to the live Rivera family. The two dead siblings sat with Héctor's living family, María still gushing over the two new baby great, great, grandsons, and Héctor noticing how Coco was worrisomely quiet, needing help managing a task a simple as eating. This may be last year she had, it was a sad thought, but once she passed he would be able to talk with her again, and they could spend their time in the Land of the Dead, together. His dead family came and they ran away to join the dead Velez family once again. The dead father of Coco could hope that he would be able to get close enough to spend time with Coco when she passed.

María's family went inside the room where Camila's ofrenda is. Just like last year, there was food ready for each and every one of them, more Marigolds scattered everywhere around the table and the things that they cherished lied next to their photos. And once again, for the third year in a row, there were letters for them. As always, the family talked about the usual conversation and wondered how Camila was doing and thought of how much they missed her, especially her parents. Héctor kinda felt bad for them and wondered if this is how Coco would feel if she was Camila's age.

As they were about to say one more thing, the door opened, revealing a 9 year old Camila wearing a shirt that was pure white and a skirt that was hot pink almost looking like it was a dress, and she still had her little brown sandals.

She gently closed the door with one hand while he was holding something behind her back. She looked a little nervous. "H-hola mí familia. Sorry if I'm a little late, I just had to do some certain things and help out, señorita Tessa." She apologized and gently shuffled her feet a little.