Chapter 21: Old Friends Meet Again...Well Sort of

Hola, chicos!

I won't make you wait any longer & let's just let get the show on the road!

Disclaimer: I Do not own anything Related to Coco: Belongs to Disney Pixar! The story plot, Camila and the rest of the characters, belong to me!

Enjoy!!~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Héctor's POV:

My grand nephews and nieces stood before the mansion of obnoxious glittering lights disguised as Frida Kahlo and a couple of her guests with their alebrijes. We had made it in the party without a problem, which was both good and nerve wracking. We were waiting, just waiting for someone to looks hard enough at me to realize that my bones weren't as white as hers, or that my calavera markings weren't quite the same, or that I wasn't even wearing Los zapatos. I didn't want to have to put the costume on in the first place, knowing that once I wore it I would undoubtedly lose it somehow, and with it, Ceci's good graces, hopefully the children would bring the costume back for me. But when we looked around the party's entry area to see if Miguel and Camila were there and had waited around for them out front, we came up with nothing. So now here we are; inside the one place I personally hadn't ever really tried to go.

"Tío, we should split up so that way if one of us bumps into them, we can let one of our alebrijes let you know and the rest of them can follow your scent to find you!" Carlos suggested and I thought about it, it would be better if we did and his plan sounded good. "Alright, I'll go search where there's most commotion, while you go check around places that are quiet and don't have a lot of people around. ¡Buena suerte y ten cuidado!" I told them and then all of us went out separate ways.

Skeletons were gathered out front for the fireworks show before we all split our separate ways. Occasionally, one or two would "reconocer" me and wanted to chat. It was easy to brush them off, saying that I was looking for Ernesto and asking where he was. Most would point me in odd directions they thought they had last seen him.

"Oh! He's with those two children who came from the Land of the Living you know!" One in particular had said, and one señora sighed and smiled softly. "Such a sweet and kind children!"

My chest squeezed knowing that both of them were here. 'Thank goodness, I guessed right.' I ran off in the direction of the mansion that the skeleton pointed, thanking them as I rushed passed the number of other skeletons who all tried to stop and talk to me. I didn't stop until I was inside, only a small handful of party goers lingered, and most were looking out the window at the fireworks show. Scanning the ballroom, I slowly felt my anxiety climb with every second he didn't see the two chamacos. Finally in the far corner, I spotted Ernesto talking with a couple of other skeletons.

Miguel y Camila was distinctly not with him!

I rushed up to Ernesto nonetheless, hoping that I wasn't too late.

"Frida!" Ernesto greeted once he saw me approaching. "I thought you couldn't make it."

"Can I speak to you, alone?" I asked quietly, pulling Ernesto next to me by his shoulder and keeping my voice an octave higher to avoid scaring him off.

Ernesto gave me a look that I, desafortunadamente, recognized from our  youth.  "Of course." He whispered back, he turned to the others he was talking with. "If you'll excuse us for just a moment."

We made our way over to a side door that opened into a stairwell, its empty, quiet, and starkly dull when compared with the iluminación extravagante of the main ballroom. "You know, I'm actually surprised that actually accepted my request to get together." He said, I actually frowned at his and gently rolled my eyes. 'Ugh... I didn't really need to hear this!' "What made you change your mind?"