Chapter 27: Remember Me

Disclaimer: I do not own Coco, that belongs to Disney/Pixar! The story plot and the Ocs belong to me!

Anyways, enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Land of the Living: Salida del sol at De La Cruz's Mausoleum:

Camila's POV:

I felt light shining down on me, felt cempasúchil petals on my hair and covering me like a manta de seguridad. I was so tired, as if I stayed up throughout the whole night, and technically I actually did! I wanted nothing more than to sleep all day; all of that was interrupted when someone was shaking me, trying to wake me up.

"..Ila... Mila... ¡Amila, por favor despierta!... Camila please!" A voice called out to me and it sounded like it belonged to the one who was trying to wake me up.

'Wait... That voice...! That means!...'

I groaned softly and slowly started to open my eyes, but I covered my eyes with the back of my hand because it was so bright. Soon, when my eyes got comfortable with the lighting, I looked up and saw Miguel by my side and had wide eyes and... his cheeks had tears rolling down his face and blinked at me softly. 'Was he.. crying?' I thought to myself as I slowly sat up. "Miguel?" I asked softly. I was about to ask what was wrong, that is until he pulled me into a hug and sobbed softly. "Camila!... I got so worried! I thought I'd lost you..." He said softly and buried his head against my shoulder, I blinked softly and hugged him back. "Perdóname, Miguel. I didn't mean to scare you like that." I apologized and closed my eyes, but smiled gently, happy and relieved that I was back home, back to the land of the living.

That's when I looked around at where we were. De la Cruz's mausoleum. I pulled one of my hands away and saw that my skin was there, not the pure white bones and I sighed in relief, knowing that we were both back at home.

We're both alive!...

'That means Tío Héctor is safe, he wasn't going to fade, and he certainly won't experience his Muerte final!

Tío Héctor is safe.

He won't fade...

He can stay in the Land of the Dead and see his daughter again! Miguel and I will see him again someday, eventually.

I sniffled softly and used my free arm and gently wipe my eyes, I really need to stop crying right now. Everything's okay. We're okay. I looked at my left and noticed my guitar on the ground next to Tío Héctor's guitar. That was when Tío's words echoed throughout my mind.

"Sing for Coco."

We will, I promised him we would.

I gently pulled away from mí primo and looked at him. "Miguel, before we go our separate ways. There's something we need to do together." I started, gently holding his shoulders, almost having a pleading look in my eyes. Miguel blinked softly but soon nodded at me. "Okay, what is it? Because no matter what: I'll be there for you." He stated and gently took the hat that was resting on my head, and placed it on his head with a playful smirk. I blinked at him and then it was my turn to let out a snort and looked at him with a small smirk. "You and me have to sing to Tía Coco, so she can know how much Tío Héctor loves her and that he'll be there when she goes there and finally be with him." I said, looking at him with a small pleading look and hoped that he would do this with me.

He smiled back and ruffled my hair, which made me let out a small laugh. "Sure!... We can take our time to get to her, since we're the ones we remember him, we just have to make sure that she remembers him too."