Chapter 22: The Traidor y Ardiente Liar

Disclaimer: Anything that has to do with Coco: The main characters and Miguels family. It does not belong to me! Only the story plot, Camila, her family members and the Alebrijes!

P.S. Traidor y Ardiente means Traitorous and Burning!

Anyways, enjoy!!~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3rd Person POV:

"H-Heaven and Earth?"

Once those words came out of the children's mouths, both Héctor and Ernesto both gasped. They moved down the stairwell, their dead cousins begging them to come back, while making their steps loud. They didn't have to go far before they could see Ernesto first, a few more steps and they both saw Papá/Tío Héctor standing across from them. Their hands were intertwined with one another's as one of reassurance and comfort. They noticed that Héctor's sides and shoulders were tense, but they quickly relaxed when he saw Miguel and Camila.

"¡M'ijo! ¡Sobrina!" He cried out, running over to the two children and scooping them into a hug before either of them could reach the bottom of the stairs.

Distracted for the moment, they both felt a tiny bubble of laughter flow through them as both of them returned the hug. They were so relieved to see Héctor, no longer having to worry if they would be able to get back to the Land of the Living together. Miguel barely caught Ernesto watching their cheerful reunion without emotion, while Camila noticed it for a brief moment as Papá/Tío Héctor put the children down and gently put his hands on each of their faces.

"Chamacos, I was so worried! Neither of your cousins and I didn't know where you two went, a-and I didn't know Imelda or María managed to send you guys back yet, but oh, I'm so glad both of you are here!" The words tumbled out of Héctor's mouth in a mess, but they could still understand him and soon the others started to come down the stairs to be with the trio.

"I'm sorry, I tried to find you, but Tí-... Imelda's alebrije took me really far, and... I got lost. Then after a while, Miguel found me." Camila explained, after she had fixed her mistake. Miguel and the others took highly notice of this but didn't want to question it. For now, at the very least.

"It's okay, I'm just glad that both of you are safe." Héctor said, wrapping them in another quick hug, and saw that the others. "I-I need to send you back to the Land of the Living."

He reached up, pulling the flower from his hat and the wedding picture from his coat pocket and the others got closer to the two kids, and before anyone can utter a word; Ernesto's hand suddenly reached out and grabbed the photo, he looked over it with an unreadable expression. Carlos, Héctor and the others wondered why Ernesto took the foto while Miguel remembered why he and Camila revealed themselves in the first place. Camila must've realized this too when she gently tugged on her Tío Héctor's sleeve.

"Tío, did you say "Heaven and Earth?" Camila asked softly "Just like in the movie?" She continued as she looked up at her Tío and the said man looked down at the little girl. "What?" He questioned. "That's... Don Hidalgo's toast." Miguel explained while Camila nodded in reconocimiento, but soon they started to feel sick from the implications at the parallels. It could just be a coincidence!... Right? "From the De la Cruz movie: El Camino a Casa."

Héctor softly shook his head. "I, I was talking about my real life, chicos."

"No, it's in there. Come on!" Miguel insisted and took Papá Héctor's hand and pulled him out of the stairwell while Camila did the same thing to her cousins, but pushing all of them while the alebrijes followed. They went into the ballroom where the movie projectors still played little clips of De la Cruz movies, trying to ignore the sick feeling crawling through both niños vivos.