Chapter 18: Music Competition! Poco Loco!

Shall not beat around the bush. Let's just get into the chapter!

Disclaimer: Do not own Coco, only story plot and half of the characters in the story!

P.S. the picture is Camila's Guitar!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miguel's POV:

We were walking and talking to one another, passing down stories to me, so that I can tell their stories to my family and others. Who would've thought they had so many stories! It was nice to hear it from them, even primo Felípe was warming up to me! Before I even knew it, we were all on a trolley and were on our way to the Plaza and sign up for the music competition! I was pretty excited and nervous all at once! Mostly excited because me and Camila get to play together, just as I promised her. Yes, it was back at the Land of the Living, but it was a promise nonetheless! I looked at Camila and saw her looking over the city with wonder and awe. I saw Bonita, Alba and Alma flying around us, but staying close to one of us so they wouldn't get lost.

I gently tapped Camila's shoulder and she turned to look at me. "Yes, Miguel?" She asked me.

"Can you actually believe it? I mean, we're gonna be playing a song together in a music competition!" I replied and looked at the buildings and my eyes sparkled at the cool colors and the structure. "I know! To be honest, I'm kinda nervous yet excited at the same time. I hope it just goes well." She admitted and held onto the bars that were in the back of the trolley, in which where we all were and Papá Héctor was sitting on it, tuning Cheech's guitar and playing it to make sure it sounds right. "Oye! How about a small bet? I bet there's gonna be one that plays the acordeón and only one person dances to it!" Camila declared and my cousins, along with Papá Héctor looked at her and smirked softly.

"Alright, we'll bite. So, what happens if you win the bet?" Mariana asked and crossed her arms. "Okay, if I win, we, as in all of us, have to play together, whether it would be random or in the competition! We have to play together no matter what!" Camila said and looked at Rosita and Bella. The two sisters looked at one another and smirked widely. "Well, we have you all know. We're the best dancers in the family! So we'll be up for that challenge!" Bella said while Rosita nodded vigorously. "Alright, and what's in it for us of you lose?" Carlos asked and we all wondered that in agreement.

"If you win, then I have to sing a song, all by myself, in front of an entire crowd, by your song of choice! Name the place and name the song! And no matter what: No one is allowed to back out!" She replied with a smile on her face, but we all knew that she was serious about it.

We all looked at one another and nodded in agreement. "Then, Camila, looks like we accept your bet!" I said as I reached my hand out to shake on the agreement. She smiled and took my hand, and we both shook on it. Soon, the Plaza de la Cruz was near!

The plaza itself was full of energy and absolutely crawling with skeletons playing, singing, talking, and celebrating the holiday. It was safe to say that anyone of us were smiling at how full of energy and how everyone was happy. We all got off the trolley and we were on our way to where the competition was held at.

Suddenly we hear a woman with blue, and large hair and a hot pink dress. I think what her job is called an Emcee.

"¡Bienvenidos a todos! Who's ready for some música?" she asked the audience and they whoop and cheer at this and we saw how excited everyone is.

"It's a battle of the bands, amigos! The winner gets to play for the maestro himself, Ernesto de la Cruz, at his fiesta tonight!" She gestured to light up building that was still far away but clear to see from us.