Chapter 5

I sigh heavily, walking away. I take her into the living room and sit her down on the coffee table while I take the couch. I take her little hands in mine.

"You reminder when you asked me why you didn't have a daddy?" I ask her. She nods. "And momma told you, you did but that daddy lived so far away?" I ask her. She nods again. "Well baby, that's your daddy." I say, pointing to Noah. A huge smile breaks out across her beautiful little face.

"Daddy!" she chirps. He did something that I did expect but hoped he wouldn't do.

He walked out.

That broke my heart and I was not going to let him get away without me doing something about it. I pick her up, fuming mad. I stomped back out to the back yard and almost shoved her in mom's arms.

"Go put her to bed!" I growl. She didn't hesitate. The look on my face must of told her. "STOP RIGHT THERE ASSHOLE!" I boom. But he kept going. I took off running towards Noah's retreating back. The crowd parted like the red sea. When I reach him, I shoved him as hard as I could making him stumble a little then he turned back around to face me. Emotionless. And that's when I went off on him. Yes, little ole me tackled him to the ground. "YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU WILL NOT TREAT HER THAT WAY! SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER! YOU TREAT ME HOWEVER YOUR DUMBASS FEELS LIKE BUT NOT HER!" I boom, punching him over and over. Everywhere I can. Face, chest, stomach. I didn't care, I just aimed. He tried to dodge them but I know I got him good a few times.

Someone finally pulls me off of him as I still struggle to get back at him. I'm still fuming mad.

"YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO HER! OR SO MUCH AS LOOK AT HER UNTIL YOU GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS! SHE'S DONE NOTHING TO YOU TO DESERVE THAT KIND OF TREATMENT FROM YOU! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HER NAME, I BET! YOU BASTARD, YOU WILL NOT TREAT HER THAT WAY AGAIN!" I boom, still struggling. I was pissed. "LET GO OF ME!" I boom, trying to get away from whoever.

"Calm down." they say. But I keep struggling.

"CALM DOWN SHAYLEE!" he orders me, booming. I stop struggling, then start laughing.

"You think that works on me now?" I laughed. "It might have oh say, four years ago, or even two but the second you turned your back on your own daughter it stopped. So fuck off, Noah." I sneer. "Get the hell out of my house and out of our lives. Go mate your whore, whatever, just don't ever so much as look at me or her again you self centered asshole." I say, yanking myself from whoever. The place is stunned into silence. I don't think crickets chirped or birds were chipping. I was fuming mad.

Yeah, they all now knew that Kenzie is his daughter.

I never talked to an alpha that way before. Anyone really. No one, actually.

But don't fuck with my daughter.

That's fightin' time.

I stomped back into the house, going to my room where mom and Kenzie are.

"Momma." Kenzie sniffs. Oh god! No, I didn't want this. That's why I didn't want to come back. He not only broke my heart but hers too. I can take my heart being broken but not hers.

"Oh, my baby!" I cry as I pick her up.

"Momma, daddy." she cries, putting her head on my chest.

"I know baby." I coo, patting her back.

"Me no daddy." she sobs. Oh god, that bastard.

"No baby, you have one. You saw him. He just needs time." I tell her. I know I'm lying out of my ass but I couldn't tell her that her daddy didn't want her. She doesn't deserve that. None of this.

I just keep bouncing her, letting her cry until she cries herself to sleep. Then I put her in my bed and go take a shower. Then I crawl up in bed with her.

I think tomorrow requires a mother-daughter day.

I woke up the next morning with Kenzie shaking me wake.

"What cookie monster?" I ask her, groggily.

"Ungry momma." she says.

"Oh okay, if I must feed you." I say in mock disappointment, getting out of bed. She giggles her cute little giggle.

"Mommas eed abies." she tells me.

"They do?!" I ask in fake shock. Yes, I speak Kenzie. "Well then let's go feed mommas baby." I chirp, picking her up and throwing her in the air. She giggles again. "Nana's cooking, or out?" I ask her, putting her on my hip.

"Nana's." she says.

"Nana's home cooking it is." I chirp and walk to the door. We go downstairs to be greeted by Jonah and my parents.

"Feel better?" Jonah snickers. "He has one hellva black eye." he laughs. I couldn't help but laugh too. Oh what I wouldn't give to see that.

"Oh, he is a big boy. I'm sure he'll live." I say shrugging.

"His ego won't." he laughs. I snicker, putting Kenzie in her highchair. "He got beat up by a tiny girl!" he exclaims then giving a booming laugh making us all laugh.

Yeah, Noah is a pretty big guy and I am tiny. While he makes the jolly green giant look like an ant. I make an ant look like the jolly green giant.

My parents have everything we need for Kenzie here. They made sure while we were gone. Mom and dad visited as much as possible while we were away and said that they have everything I need for her for when we came home. And they do. Tons of it.

I told mom that Kenzie needed a mother-daughter day and asked if she wanted to come. Of course she said yes.

So after breakfast we went upstairs to get ready then took off. We went to the zoo. Spent a couple of hours out there. Then we met up with dad and Jonah and went to dinner. Just us four.

Jonah really adored Kenzie. Since mom and dad got to know her since she was born they kinda backed off, letting Jonah get to know her.

She loved all the attention she was getting. Hmm, could my daughter be an attention seeker? Oh yes, she is. There was no denying that.

Jonah talked me into letting him and dad take her out tomorrow for a grandpa day. I didn't want to, not because I didn't trust them but because I've always taken care of Kenzie. She's always with me. She's never had a sitter before or went off with other family members without me. But I couldn't say no to a grandpas day.

He promised that Noah wouldn't know about it and wouldn't show up. I flat out told him that if I find out and most likely I will find out that Noah was around her. I'd cut off his dick and shove it up his ass. He just laughed and agreed.

Eh, it gives me a chance to get everything unpacked and her room set up. Our stuff is supposed to be here tomorrow anyway. I guess we'll find out.

The rest of the night went by smoothly. I gave Kenzie a bath then put her to bed then drifted off myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited By: Callmelenaa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, Comment!!!!!! Thanks for reading, fanning me, commenting and voting.

Edited by @ callmelenaa