Four

Isobel P.O.V.

"Milky Mike's?" I chuckled as we hopped out of the car at our destination. It was a cute little diner that used to be our regular hangout spot as teens.

"Yeah," Sophie grinned. "They still have amazing food and milkshakes!"

"So many memories," Kade noted with a light smile, as his eyes flickered over to me.

I looked down and smiled too. Even if he was a pain in the ass, we all had such good times here.

The ding of the bell above the door rang out as Sophie, Oliver, Kade and I stepped through. It looked a little nicer than I remembered, as if it got a quick revamp. There were nice blue leather plush booths lining the window's edge, with a grey marble-patterned linoleum floor and large circular tables and chairs placed in different corners of the place. It had a sort of quirky vibe to it, with the contrast of sea-inspired and retro decor.

"Isobel, is that you?" A plump woman in her late 50's came out in an apron, hands on her hips.

"Hi Mrs. Morris," I smiled, coming over to give her a friendly hug. "How are you?"

"I'm good dear! My, you have grown into a beautiful young lady now haven't cha?" she gestured towards me with wide eyes.

"Aw thankyou," I chuckled bashfully. I sure hope I've grown since then. "Where's Mr. Morris?"

"Mike's out the back cookin," she said, "MIKE! Ya won't believe who's here!"

"What is it woman?" He huffed, coming out in an apron. "Oh my! It's the kids! How are you all? Kade! Isobel! I haven't seen you two in years!"

"Hi Mike," Kade grinned before they gave each other a big bear hug.

"Stayin out of trouble are ya boy?" he grinned slyly, as he pulled back from the hug and gripped onto Kade's arms tightly.

"Always, Mike," Kade said, giving Mr. Morris his most charming, innocent smile.

"And you Isobel?" Mr. Morris cocked one eyebrow at me.

"You know me, Mike," I winked, earning a large guffaw in return.

"I remember a time when you tipped one of me milkshakes all over this lad's head," he laughed, slapping Kade on the back.

I grinned at the memory. "My hand slipped? I can be such a klutz."

Kade shook his head amusedly, giving me the side-eye. It definitely wasn't an accident. I poked my tongue at him cheekily. He deserved it.

"Alright, take a seat now dears, hail me when you're ready to order okay?" Mrs Morris smiled.

I slipped in the booth opposite Sophie and Oliver, as Kade slipped in next to me.

"Wow I can't believe they're still here," I smiled, gazing at the sweet couple bickering lightly at the counters.

"Yeah they're the cutest, aren't they? We come here like once or twice a month." Sophie replied.

"Yeah, they still remember us all well," Oliver chuckled.

I find it kinda crazy that throughout time, some things never change, yet others completely evolve.

I picked up a menu so I could browse over what to order, wondering if there was anything different. I settled on the famous chilli cheese fries. What? I wasn't on a bridal diet. Plus, how could I pass when I haven't been here in so long? Maybe once or twice since high school? I generally came home around the holiday season to spend with family, so there wasn't much time at all to come visit the diner.