Twelve

Isobel P.O.V.

"Hey Soph, do you want me to take all this stuff to the boathouse?" I asked her, looking at the crates of boxes that were currently overtaking their living room. There were stacks on stacks of them, filled with wedding knick knacks such as party favours, frames, a guestbook, wishing well and decor.

"Yeah, could you? I've got a busy day today and it would be great to get rid of the clutter."

"Okay sure," I smiled, happy to be of use. "Wait... I'll need a car?" I stopped as the thought hit me. Damn, this car thing has really become a nuisance.

"Oh shoot yeah... sorry babe, Oliver and I need ours to take his family around town today..." she pondered, before turning to me, fluttering her eyelashes sweetly, "Can you ask Kade, pretty please?"

"Fine," I reluctantly huffed. "Your bridal wish is my command."

"Thanks Is," she chuckled.

After a bit of teasing, Kade agreed to help me take all the boxes over to the boathouse, and drop it off to the events coordinator. Having him with me sort of complicated some of my plans for today whilst I was back home, but I couldn't let that stop me from doing one last, important thing.

"Hey Kade..." I murmured, fidgeting with my hands in my lap.

"Yeah Bels?" he asked, starting the car once we finished transferring the boxes.

"Can we go to the Castle Hill lighthouse please?"

"What am I, a cabbie?" he joked, putting the car in drive.

"Yeah, I guess you have been..." I chuckled softly. He really has been chauffeuring me around town this past week... "So uh, can you please take me?"

"Yeah alright," he agreed, gripping the wheel with one hand and began driving down Ocean avenue. "Do you need to do something there?"

"Yeah..." I pursed my lips to the side. "I want to visit my dad." I said quietly.

"Okay," he nodded gently, saying nothing more.

~

I climbed through the rocky cliffside terrain before trekking my way up the steep, winding steps of the lighthouse. Kade followed silently behind me, giving me enough space to be on my own, but lingered nearby just in case.

I rested against the railing as I gazed out at the endless horizon, letting the gentle breeze rustle through my hair, basking in the soft rays of the sun.

My dad never wanted to be buried in a grave, he always insisted on having his ashes scattered into the sea. Which is exactly what my mom and I did, when he unfortunately passed away eight years ago. I breathed in long deep breaths of the salty ocean air as I closed my eyes to remember him.

He loved the seaside, he loved boats, the beach, swimming, and he especially liked to come up to this lighthouse to relax and get a birdseye view of the beautiful ocean. He always took me out to play on the sandy shores, and we would always play a game to see who could spot a ship first up in the lighthouse. Those were some of my sweetest childhood memories, when my small family was still in tact.

Mom was heartbroken after he passed, and eventually after I left for college, she sold our family home and decided to travel for a little while. After that, she stayed with family, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, some of which were in Rhode Island, and others whom were scattered around the country. It was too hard to be constantly surrounded by his memory, and to be alone in our old house. I supported her. I was just sad sometimes that I didn't have a home to come back to here. Oliver and Sophie had always made me feel welcome, though.