Forty two *

Flashback
-6 years ago, Gramwood High-

Isobel P.O.V.

Kade and I have been sleeping together for four crazy, blink of an eye months. I couldn't believe it really. It was like I was just going with the flow, riding the roller coaster for what it was, and well riding him. It dawned on me though as finals approached, I couldn't get too distracted with our friendship fling, I was moving away soon, off to NYU, and he's accepted to attend Brown. What did that mean for us? Was a future in the cards? Or were we just something doomed to end on graduation day?

I hit the books to study and finish off a couple of papers. These next couple of weeks will absolutely fly by and then we'll have prom, graduation and then the rest of our lives. It's all happening.

I slid my specs up my nose and continued to write out a couple of notes. A ping from my phone interrupted the silence, causing me to reach for it.

Kade
Come over?

Me
I shouldn't. I'm studying.

Kade
You're right 🙄 I should too...

Me
Uh-huh, but...

Kade
😏😏😏

Me
I'm going back to studying now.
u horndog

Kade
No fun Bels 😩

I shook my head, chuckling to myself as I turned my phone on do not disturb and hit the books. He's a massive distraction that I needed to block for now. If I kept on entertaining him with replies, he was sure to convince me to come over to the dark side.

After completing most of my target workload for tonight, I curled up in bed to get some rest. It's crazy to think that I'll be moving to New York and be starting college before this year ends. It's honestly unreal how much can happen in a short span of time. One year, was all it took for everything to change. Just imagine that around one year ago was when I first met Kade, and the amounts of change we'd gone through together was crazy.

~

After distancing myself a little for a few weeks to concentrate, I allowed the wall to come down to see Kade properly. I arrived at his, waiting to be let in as usual.

The door swung open as he stood there with a big, cheesy grin. Immediately, he put a blindfold around my eyes and tied it down.

"What the hell Whitley?" I said, utterly baffled as he dragged me by the hand into his house. All I could hear was his amused snickers.

"Ah!" I squealed as I was picked up the floor suddenly, carried bridal style. I could feel us jostling as he ran up the stairs before putting me down. "What on earth are you doing?" I laughed.

"You can take off your blindfold now," he said.

I unwound it from my face before blinking my eyes open. My eyebrows shot up as my jaw dropped.

"Kade?" I chuckled in surprise. Before me were five huge gold balloons floating mid-air, anchored merely by ribbon and a weight on the ground. The letters P-R-O-M-? were spelled out across room.