Nine

Isobel P.O.V.

I got up this morning, nice and refreshed to begin another day of wedding prep.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Kade drawled, leaning against the counter mixing his protein shake vigorously.

"Well then you must be the beast and not the prince." I retorted, rummaging through the pantry for some granola I could have with greek yoghurt.

"Yeah," he shrugged.

I put my bowl and ingredients on the table and frowned. Did... he... just agree with me?

"In the gym, in the office... and definitely in bed," he winked.

Oh. There it was.

He's so full of himself. I rolled my eyes, proceeding to make myself breakfast. It's too early for this.

"Good morning guys," Sophie came bouncing down with Oliver hot on her tails.

"Morning," I smiled.

"Is, you wanna come with me to my pilates class this morning?" she said, throwing some frozen fruit+veg, coconut water, chia seeds, and some sort of powder into the blender. I reluctantly agreed, thinking about how everyone was keeping up with their routines and working out lately- except for me.

"Okay, when?" I said, crunching the granola.

"In about an hour, then we can come home and change before dress fittings," she said handing Oliver a glass full of the smoothie.

"Thanks babe," he pecked her on the cheek before taking a seat next to Kade as they had their own conversation.

"Sounds good," I nodded.

"Hey Oliver, can I have Margaret's number?" I asked, referring to his older sister. I remembered I had to get some more family photos. I had already texted Casey, Sophie's sister since we were friends back in high school too.

"Yeah sure," he nodded taking out his phone. "Why's that?"

"Oh, I just had to ask her about wedding stuff, you know maid of honour and all." I made a random excuse. "She got married when we were in senior year right?" I added, making myself sound more believable.

Kade simply cocked an interested eyebrow at me with a face that said; What are you doing, you weirdo. I can see right through you.

Oliver however, suspected nothing and quickly texted me the number.

"Thanks," I smiled, adding it to my contacts.

"No worries," he chirped, gulping down his breakfast.

I quickly finished mine up before washing my dishes and headed upstairs to change into workout clothes. I put on a sports bra, a tight tank top and some 3/4 yoga pants, tying my hair up in a high pony before popping on some sneakers. I decided against makeup since we might get a little sweaty.

I laid in bed responding to a few texts, giggling at the funny ones Drew had sent me, complaining about how some of the models were being snobby in the photoshoots he was working on. I then pulled up Margaret's contact, and quickly texted her before I forgot, asking if she could dig around to get some pictures.

Speaking of photos, I guess I should probably go ask Kade if he had any, considering they were best friends. I knocked on his bedroom door and waited. He swung it open and emerged shirtless with water droplets dripping down his glorious, tan wet body and a towel wrapped low around his waist, just under his prominent V line. I invisibly gulped. Is it just me, or did someone just turn on a heater? Ah stop that! I smacked myself internally as I brought my gaze up to his eye level.