Chapter 4: Not so Bad After All

Daniel's point of view:

I wake up to see Flames not in his bed and I slightly start to panic. After just sitting there for a bit the bathroom door opened and Flames walks out with wet hair and just wearing a towel. He smiles at me while grabbing his clothes and after he was done getting dressed he walked over to me picking me up. "Come on kid lets go buy you something to write on so we can talk to each other." I slowly nod remembering I don't know how to write but I can read. Flames walks over to the door and I lay my head down on his shoulder. As Flames walks down the stairs I can hear many voices talking. Two of them I can tell are Ocean's and Forest's voices. I look up to see that we are now in the living room with the others. Ocean is the first one to see us and he smiles at me before turning to continue his talk to Forest. "Hey, guys you want to come shopping with me to get the kid something to write on?" They all jump up saying yes and I slightly flinch at their sudden movement. They all stop and look at me and I can tell they're sorry. I smile at them and look up at Flames waiting for him to say something else. "Well okay then let's go I just have to tell the alpha that we are leaving, Charlie, come take the kid from me." Forest walks over to me and picks me up smiling. He sits down on the couch and the others start to talk again. I look at Penny and I sit down beside him. Penny looks down at me smiling while he continues to talk to Ocean and Forest. Flames walks back into the room with the keys and everyone stands up ready to go. I still feel a bit wary about them but after what Flames did yesterday, I know I can trust them. Once we get in the car the others continue their conversations and I stare out the window not use to seeing the outside world. Once we get to the store I start to get worried not used to this many people being around him. Flames opens my door and picks me up, holding me close as he can tell that I am nervous. He walks in and goes straight to an isle that has notebooks and pens on the walls. He grabs a notebook and some pencils and puts them in the cart. He and the others grab a few things they need and we go to the check out line. The lady smiles at me while she scans our stuff and asks Flames my name. He explains to her about what happened and that's when I realized that this is a store in the pack so everyone here are werewolves. He grabs the bags and walks towards the car and sits me in my seat while they put up the groceries. On our way back Ocean and Penny are talking about some things that are going on in the pack and Flames is concentrating on the road as he drives. I start to doze off, I feel the car stop and I slowly open my eyes to see us here. Flames walks over and picks me up taking me inside. He sits me down on the couch while grabbing the notebook and a pencil handing them to me. I look up to him a bit embarrassed about the fact that I can't read nor write. I can see it in Flames eyes that he understood why I haven't written anything yet. "Sorry guys but it looks like I'm not getting him to tell us anything for a while. I should have thought about the fact he probably has no clue on how to read or write." They all nod sadly and I feel a bit worried that they will get mad at me for not being able to do what they want. I sink back into the couch staring at them all waiting for them to get mad at me. They must have noticed my reaction cause they all stop talking and frown at me. Flames sits down and puts me in his lap, "Hey kiddo you're okay we aren't mad at you we promise." I nod trying to calm down, I snuggle into Flames as I slowly started to fall asleep. I hear Flames talking to the others about teaching me to read and write later as I finally let the darkness take over me.