Chapter 18:My Eighteenth Birthday

After Chris left I went back to class and the rest of the day went by normally, of course after school I went over to his house to make sure he was really okay since I knew Sarah walking away still hurt even though she didn't reject him. We are working on homework when Chris speaks up, "I'm not going to bother Sarah until after her birthday or if she chooses to speak to me." I look up shocked and I can see the hurt and determination in his eyes.

 I nod knowing this probably was killing him. After we finish our homework I make my way home as the Alpha and Luna lived in their own home. I knew they'd be giving it to Chris and his mate once they step down. Once I get home I make my way towards my room to see Sarah sitting on my bed.

 I can tell she was crying and I sigh. "I know, I know...I do accept him as my mate, but I want to wait until I can tell for myself that we are mates.." I nod and sit down beside her, "Chris said he's not going to bother you until your birthday or if you choose to say something."  Sarah looks up with shock and nods, we talk for a few minutes before she goes back to her room. After a few minutes, my dad walks in and I can tell where this is going, "Dad I already listened to your advice, I have no feelings for Sarah as I know she's just a friend, plus my birthday is tomorrow and I know I will be able to find my mate tomorrow or soon." My dad just nods and sits beside me. "I know, I can just tell it's breaking Sarah, but the moon goddess paired them up for a reason, who are we to separate them?" I nod and lay back groaning, "Honestly I just want to go to sleep, today has been long enough." My dad nods and rubs my head before standing up, "Just know kid, I really am proud of you, you have grown up so much, and soon you'll get to meet the love of your life." I smile and look at my dad, I bet this is hard for him, "Honestly I can't wait to find out who my mate is, all I know is that I'm going to spoil her more than anything." My dad laughs and leaves the room. I can already tell this is going to be a long week.  

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I wake up groaning and sniff around hoping I can find my mate early. I sigh when I smell nothing and get up. I quickly take a shower and get ready for school, even though I know I will be skipping with Chris. Once I get to school I see Chris staring longingly at Sarah. I can see the hurt in his eyes but the second he sees me he covers it up. "Hey Daniel, we're gonna skip right?" I laugh nodding and Chris smiles brightly as he grabs my arm dragging me to who knows where. 

We end up at the abandoned park that only me and Chris know about. He pulls out some notes from his bag, and I look down at them confused. I start to read them and laugh. "Is this how you're gonna get her? Cheesy love letters?" Chris looks down blush clearly on his face and nods. I laugh again as I start to think. I knew I was the only one Chris would show his emotions around. He held so much in and I know not having his mate is breaking him more than anything. 

I know Sarah is hurt but she knew just as well as I did that we shouldn't get close. Especially like that. I sigh and hand them back to him, "Okay so I'm going to help you write something more romantic and less middle school crush okay?" Chris nods his head quickly and I chuckle. "But you can't give it to her until her birthday, understood?" Chris looks at me, hurt evident in his eyes, and nods slowly.

 We spend hours writing the paper and after I feel it's perfect I have him put it in my binder in my bag, knowing he'll want to give it to her as soon as possible. Chris and I make our way back to school, getting bored of hanging out at the park. Once we walk inside I see Chris tense up. I look over to see a guy clearly flirting with Sarah, and her not liking it one bit. Chris goes over to probably kill the dude when Sarah shoves him and growls "I have a mate and if you don't back off, he'll be sure to beat the crap out of you!" The guy stares in shock and then smirks, "Baby we both know you are too young to know who your mate is." 

He gets closer to her and I look over to Chris and his eyes are bright blue. I know how this going to end and I back up knowing I can't do anything. "But I can tell who her mate is, and you just signed your death wish talking to my mate like that." The other guy stiffens and looks at Chris with wide eyes and fear. He quickly moves away from Sarah and makes a run for it. Chris starts to go after him but Sarah hugs him tight. I could tell she's about to cry as Chris calms down holding her close. 

I knew she could slightly feel the mate bond but due to her not being old enough I knew she didn't feel it as strong as Chris did. I walk away smiling, knowing that everything will work with those two in the end. At the end of the school day, I walk in, to everyone screaming surprise. I smile as Oliver and Charlie have a few presents in hand. I hug everyone saying thank you as we all sit down to eat cake. Chris and Sarah walk in a few minutes later. Sarah is smiling as Chris talks to her. I honestly envy what they have and I just hope that soon, I'll find my mate.