Chapter 13: The Prisoner

I wake up in the hospital and I look around. I notice my son laying beside me in wolf form. I laugh and hold him close not feeling in pain even though the war took a hard toll on me. The alpha walks in and smiles as he sees me awake, "Good to see you well Cody, but it seems we have a problem, we took one of the other packs wolves as a prisoner and we can't get them to talk. We don't want to hurt her as she doesn't seem much older than Daniel, so we thought you could talk to her." I smile and nod getting up holding my son close, seeing if I can get him to shift back. Once he shifts back I hand him to Oliver, who was standing outside behind the alpha, and follow him to the jail. Once we get there the alpha tells one of the guards to open the jail cell. I walk in to see a little girl with blonde hair and bright, fearful, blue eyes. I sit down in front of her but not too close to bother her, "So, my alpha says you know some information?" the little girl looks down and I could tell she won't say a thing, "Oh well, we have plenty others who will tell us what we need to know. I want to know, are you willing to join this pack?" The little girl looks up with wide eyes and shakes her head quickly. I smile and nod and talk to the alpha about it. He is hesitant but he agrees curious on what my plan is. I walk back in and put my hand out for the little girl to take. She reaches out a bit scared but takes my hand. We walk down the hall and I start to think about how to get her to talk. Then I thought about how scared Daniel was a few years back. I walk into Daniel's room to see him chatting with his friends. He looks up at me and smiles running towards me. The little girl ducks behind me as Daniel hugs me tightly. "Daniel I'd like you to meet.." I look at the girl trying to get her to tell me her name. She mumbles her name and I slightly hear it, I look back at Daniel and continue. "I'd like you too meet Sarah" Daniel looks at her with a small smile and reaches his hand out. Sarah takes it and Daniel smiles brighter. "My name is Daniel, want to come hang with us?" Sarah nods slowly and follows Daniel. Before I leave the room I look at Daniel, "Hey tell her your story will ya?" Daniel nods and starts to tell her about 3 years ago. When he first met me. I walk out with a smile knowing he will be one the one person who calms her down.

Daniel's Point of View:

I look at Sarah with a soft smile as I tell her my story and everything that has happened to me. She listens carefully and I can tell she's getting more comfortable around me as she learns my story. Once I'm done she smiles and stares me in the eyes, "Thank you for that, I feel safer knowing I'm safe here. Where I lived females were abused and I was one of the unlucky few that had to fight in the war." She looks down pain in her eyes, "I wonder if my mama and papa think I'm still alive..." a tear streams down her face and I go to wipe it, "Hey it's okay, come play with us and get your mind off of things." She nods and I hand her a controller while we play a few games. I can tell we will be great friends, we both know what a hard life is like and we both know now everything will be fine in the end.