Chapter 2- School Drama and No Friends

(Colton ^)

Riley's POV

The weekend passed and now it was Monday which meant that I would have to show Colton around school. Joy to this god damn horrid world. I quickly got dressed and freshened up before heading out the door.

I put my head phones in my pocket and saw Colton walking out of his own front door. "Morning princess." I glared at him before smiling. "Morning Black." He got onto the motorcycle that was parked and looked back at me. "Want a ride?" I shook my head lightly. "People would be confused on why a girl like me would show up to school on the back of a motorcycle with a guy like you." He rolled his eyes. "Get on the damn bike." I walked over and sat on the back not sure of what to do. "Wrap your arms around me." I snaked my hands around his waist and he sped off down the road. I pulled myself closer to him and opened my eyes and smiled. This is fun.

We pulled up to school and everyone was glaring at me and I quickly got off the bike. "Uh thanks for the ride. I will see you in a little bit Colton." He looked at me confused and I quickly walked off and continued to get glares from girls. Great, just what I need.

I put my stuff in my locker and walked into my first period class. After announcements they called my name on the over head. "Riley Palmer please report to the front office." I quickly stood up and headed to the office. If Colton wasn't such a jerk all the time I might actually like him.

"Good morning Ms. Palmer. Would you mind showing the new student Colton around?" I nodded and smiled at the principal. Colton looked at me and smiled. "Hi princess." I rolled my eyes and led him out to the hall way and showed him to his locker. Which happened to be right next to mine. Joy!

"So can I see your schedule Colton?" He handed it to me and he had all of the same classes as me except one. "Okay so your classes are all with me except last hour." He sighed and opened his locker. "Joy more time I have to spend with you. This day is just wonderful." He said to me with no expression. "Well let me just show your around the fucking school and then I won't bother your rude ass anymore."

He almost slammed his locker shut and glared at me. "Now I see why you don't have any friends, or have never had a boyfriend." So he did read my diary. "You don't think I try to make friends. For goodness sake, before you got me fired I used to spend my weekends working to help out at home. People don't want friends like me. Plus everyone is friends with Claire. And thanks for going through my diary." I began walking away but he grabbed my arm.

"I'm sorry. I have only known you for two days and I shouldn't have done that." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Yeah what ever. Just see what class I walk into and go into that same class." I walked away back to the class with Colton following behind me and when we entered all the girls glared at me and basically smiled their asses off at Colton. I sat down in the back and Claire was sitting next to me. "Why did you walk in with him? I call him. He's mine. Plus your to gross and ugly and nobody likes you." I felt the big ball in my throat again and Colton sat on the other side of me.

"Riley, stop staring at him. I can't believe you think you can actually get with someone." Colton was hearing this and he stared at me but I just looked straight ahead not caring if he was looking. "Your disgusting, everyone hates you." I finally looked over at Colton and as he was about to say something the bell rang and I stormed out of the room.

I sat down behind a wall where no one goes and cried. Why does Claire have to be such a bitch. I closed my eyes and heard someone's footsteps. I looked up and saw Colton. "Are you okay Riles?" I smiled and nodded my head. "Amazing how about you?" He sat down next to me. "I have seen you cry two days in a row, I don't think your okay." The bell rang for our next class and Colton and I walked to class.

The same thing happened. And then again, then it was finally time for lunch. I walked over to the vending machine and got a packet of skittles. Everyone was snickering and looking at me weird. I walked over to the back of the cafeteria and sat down at the table by myself. I saw Colton walk in and get his lunch before looking around the cafeteria. I saw him smile at a guy and walk over to him.

They talked for a minute before walking over here. "Hey princess." I looked at him and lightly smiled. No one has ever really sat with me at lunch before. "Hi Colton, and?" They guy smiled at me and held his hand out. "Shane's the name." I lightly laughed and shook his hand. "I'm Riley." Lunch was fun. To bad they won't sit win me everyday.

It was the end of the school day and I had just got out of my last class which was photography. Colton was waiting at his bike with Shane so I decided not to bother him. He screamed across the parking lot. "Hey princess get your ass over here." I smiled before turning around. I walked over to him and Shane and he had a girl at his hip. "Hey Riley. This is my girlfriend Victoria." I smiled and shook her hand. She is so pretty.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Riley." She smiled and nodded. "So Colton said we are all hanging out at his new place." I shrugged and nodded. "If that's what he wants the you guys have fun." Colton waved to them and they started driving to his house. "Princess, your coming over to my house whether you like it or not."

"Are we friends now or something because last time I checked you hated me." He pulled me into his side and bear hugged me. "Oh you know your my friend!" He said and then let go of me. He got on and I got on the back and every time he would speed up I would pull myself closer to him.

We pulled up in his front yard and I went over to my house to go get my swim suit. When I came back all the bathrooms were taken. "Princess, you can change in my bathroom." I walked into his room and saw that he had set it up more after I had left. I walked into the bathroom and closed and locked the door. I changed quickly and felt awkward since my whole stomach was showing so I slipped on my cover up and walked out and saw a shirtless Colton. Oh my word was he hot. He had a tattoo of an anchor on his side. I want a tattoo.

"Where is your swim suit?" I looked down. "Its under my cover up." He rolled his eyes and chuckled. "We are just swimming with our friends." I have friends now. "But Claire said I'm ugly and gross." I said quietly and he sighed. "Don't listen to that bitch."

"But people believe everything she says." He walked over to me and picked me up and carried me downstairs and out to his backyard. "Colton put me down." He shook his head and smirked. "Hold your breath." He jumped in the pool with me and it was ten feet deep. As I pushed off the bottom my cover up slipped down and was now at the bottom of the pool.

"You jerk. I would've gotten in by myself." Shane and Victoria ran and jumped in the pool. Victoria grabbed my cover up and threw it out of the pool. "Princess. Come over here." I swam over to where he was, which was under the diving board. "What Colton?" I asked and poked his stomach. Nearly broke my finger. "I bet you can't beat me in a race."

"Oh it's on." Shane and Victoria counted down from three. "THREE! TWO! ONE! GO!" I swam my heart out until I reached the other end of the pool. Colton finished right after me but I won. "Ha! What do I win?" Colton smirked. "A fully body massage from me." I frowned and Victoria and Shane laughed. "Aww you two are cute together." Victoria said and Shane piped in. "Yeah they really make an amazing couple. To bad they aren't together."

Colton looked at me but didn't say anything. I dunked myself underwater and swam over to the stairs and sat on them. Colton swam over to me and sat next to me. "I'm sorry that he asked that. And I'm sorry that you have to see them be in love. I know how it feels."