Chapter 6- Stubborness Gets You No Where

Riley's POV

It's been two days since Colton and I spoke. luckily I didn't have school today. I woke up and I heard my dad making breakfast downstairs so I headed down there and was greeted by the smell of yummy pancakes and bacon. My little sister was already stuffing her face full of bacon.

"Morning daddy." I kissed his cheek and he smiled at me. "Morning sweetheart. Someone is waiting for you in the living room." I grabbed some bacon and walked out to my living room. "Hi Colton." He popped up a looked relieved.

"Princess, I mean Riley. Please forgive me. I am so sorry." I sat next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. "Colton don't make me regret this. I am going to for give you but why did you even say those things? And why did you kiss my cheek? Did you think that was your apology or something?"

He ran a hand through his hair and looked at me. "Riley I honestly didn't know why I said it. The minute I said it I regretted it. I hated seeing you cry and know that I was the cause of it. I kissed your cheek because I don't know. But I guess I should stop sending you mixed signals. Honestly I was just trying to be sweet since you had never been kissed on the cheek."

I looked at him and lightly smiled. So now I know for sure he doesn't like me. What?! It's not like it matters any ways. Colton looked at me and this is when I really actually closely looked at him. He had vibrant blue eyes that could make anyone melt. He had very defined cheek bones but they suit him. His lips looked so soft and plump. I couldn't help but run my hand through his somewhat fluffy brown hair.

"Princess, what are you doing?" Oh you know the usual. Getting lost in your eyes. "I missed you. It was like not having my best friend around to pick on me." He smiled and stood up. "I missed you to short stuff." We walked into the kitchen and my dad shook Colton's hand.

"Hey princess. Is this your fairy godmother?" He is referring to Lou. I smiled and ruffled her hair. "Yup she is the best in the business." Colton kneeled down in front of her and smiled. "Im Colton. You are Lou right?"Lou nodded and gave him a goofy smile. "Are you my sissy's Prince Charming because you call her princess?" Colton laughed and looked down at Lou. "No I'm not but I'm pretty sure she will find her Prince Charming someday."

I walked over to my dad and hugged him. He whispered in my ear. I'm sorry he doesn't like you back sweet heart." I pulled away and looked at my dad. "I don't like him. He does't like me." My dad chuckled at me.

"Mr. Palmer." Colton said and my dad looked at him weird. "Call me Phil." I snickered at the two of them and played with my sister. "Phil, can I take your daughter to a party tonight?" My dad was hesitant but finally spoke. "Yeah that's fine with me. I won't be home tonight because of work so that means Lou is going to her babysitters house and please take care of my daughter Colton. If you don't I'll kick your ass." Colton's eyes went wide and he nodded.

"Can Colton come swim with us today?" Lou asked and all three of us smiled and my dad hoping he will say yes. "Go ahead." Lou and I ran upstairs to change and Colton ran home to get his swimming shorts.

"Are you ready Lou?" She nodded and came out in her pink polka dotted swim suit. When we got down to our pool Colton was already sitting there waiting.

Colton's POV

They walked out and Riley looked gorgeous. Her hazel eyes were bright ant her hair was down to her butt. She I short and skinny. Not like bad skinny but a fit skinny. She looks beautiful. She smiled at me before running and jumping in the pool with Lou.

I jumped in and swam over to them. Lou was busy playing little mermaid and was already on the other side of the pool. "So we are going to a party tonight?" She asked and I nodded and sat next to her on the stairs. "So dress party like. Not just jeans and a shirt."

She sighed and nodded. "Fine but I'm not going to like it." I smiled and just stared at her. "What are you looking at me like that for?" I shook my head and smiled. "Your beautiful." She sucked in a big breath. "You don't have to be the person to tell me that just because you feel sorry for me."

"I mean it. Princess, your beautiful." She had a light tinge of pink on her cheeks and I wondered what was going through her head. "Colton don't say stuff you don't mean." I looked at her in disbelief. "Your beautiful fucking gorgeous. And I mean it." I pulled her into my side and hugged her. "Why don't you think your beautiful?"

She pulled away from me and swam over to Lou. I sighed and swam over to them again. Now it's really bugging me. She shouldn't have a reason to think she isn't beautiful. It's probably because of stupid fucking Claire. Claire needs to cut this out.

"Hey Lou. Do you think your sister is beautiful?" Lou's whole face brightened up and she nodded. "My sissy is the prettiest pretty princess in the whole wide world." Riley ignored the comment and swam around the pool.

"What's up bitches?" Shane walked over to the edge of the pool and stuck his legs in. "Shaneee!" Riley said and swam over and hugged him then pulled him into the pool with us. "Where is Victoria, I need her to help me get ready for the party tonight." As if on cue Victoria walked out in her swim suit and her, Riley, and Lou all went to the other side of the pool.

"Colton when are you going to grow a pair and ask Riley out? Like seriously." I swear some people need to just butt out. "I don't even think of her that way. Sure she is pretty and sweet but I just don't like her like that." Shane shook his head. "Bro. Either your fucking lying or you need to stop leading her on. She isn't going to be single, forever."

I heard them talking and it was about this Chase dude or something. "Victoria as much as I would love to go out on a date with him, I like someone else, but God knows he doesn't like me back." I screamed across the pool. "He is stupid if he doesn't like you back." She chuckled and shook her head. "You have no idea." I looked at Shane and he shook his head at me. "Your as blind as a fucking bat." I rolled my eyes at him. "She doesn't like me. So you can stop now." Shane flicked my head and I flinched. "What the hell man?"

"I was just to knock some sense into your dumb ass. But that's obviously impossible." I punched his arm and looked over at my princess. Wait, did I just call her my princess. Shit, Riley what are you doing to me.