Chapter 10- Winter Break Part 2

Colton's POV

After the park Riley came over and we are now laying in my bed. My parents have gone out of town on a business meeting for winter break so I get the whole house to myself, and Riley to. "Colton what do you see in your future?" I smiled at her and played with her hair. "I want to go to New York university. I want to live in a apartment or a house, and a good job. Oh and one more thing, you."

She sat up and brought her knees to her chest. "Do you really want me in your future?" I looked at her and frowned. Why would she think I don't want her in my future. Hell I may not love her now but I want to one day. "Why do you ask such stupid questions princess? Of course I want you in my future." Her face brightened up a little bit. "Well what if I happen to move out of New York one day to go to a different university?" She stared down at her lap not saying anything.

"What do you mean?" She sighed and ran a hand through her beautiful hair. "I applied to California College of the arts before you came and my letter could come any day now letting me know if I got in or not. We graduate in six months babe." I pulled her into my chest and rubbed her back.

"Let's not focus on what we are going to do after high school, lets just focus on us and Victoria, and Shane, and Lou, and your dad, and just everything happy." She nodded and began tracing my anchor tattoo with her finger. I smiled at her and kissed the top of her head.

Her phone rang and she answered. "Hi daddy!" She was silent for a minute or two so I knew he was talking. "Uh okay I will be home in like five minutes." She hung up the phone and smiled. "Will you come over for dinner, I am finally meeting my dads girlfriend." I leaned my forehead on hers and nodded. "Lets go."

After I changed into black jeans and a v-neck I walked over to Riley's house with her. She ran upstairs to change. "Hey Colton how are you?" Her father asked and I shook his hand. "Im good Mr. Palmer, how about you?" He began laying out dinner plates. "This is the happiest I have been in years and all I want to say to you is thank you. Riley has become so much happier, she is always smiling, she is constantly drawing more and taking more photos, just being a brighter person overall." I smiled but then remembered that she wanted to move to California.

Riley came downstairs in high waisted pants and a blue crop top shirt and her hair was down. "Hi daddy." She walked over and kissed her dad on the cheek. "Hey sweetie. You and Colton can go do whatever until they get here." She grabbed my hand and we walked up to her room.

"Colton I'm nervous, what if she replaces my mother? I don't want another mother." Lou came running in the room and hugged Riley's legs. We didn't talk about that while Lou was in the room. "Hi Riley! Can Colton and you and me have a sleep over?" Riley smiled at Lou and crouched down next to her. "Colton can't but I can't." Riley looked up at me with sad eyes and I smirked.

"I can sleepover and we can sleep in here short stuff." Lou smiled at us and ran downstairs to tell her dad. Riley walked over towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I snaked my arms around her waist and planted a light kiss on her cheek and sighed. "Don't be nervous princess." She took a deep breath in and let it out to calm herself down. Sure her dad thought she was always happy now but I can see it in her eyes she wants to scream and cry and I wish I could help her.

She was sitting on the couch nervously tapping her fingers. The doorbell was rung and her dad answered it. "Hey honey. I would like you to meet my daughters Riley and Lou. And this is Riley's boyfriend Colton. Kids meet Celeste." This woman looked strangely familiar. "It's so nice to finally meet you guys!" A girl stepped out from behind Celeste. "This is my daughter Claire."

I looked at Riley and she had lost all color in her face. She looked at her dad and muttered under her breath. "Claire is the girl I was telling you about." Her dad seemed confused and lost. "Come inside guys dinner is ready in the other room." We walked in the kitchen and took our seats around the table.

Claire began talking. "So where is your mom Riley?" I grabbed Riley's hand and rubbed circles with my thumb. "Claire please..." Riley asked but Claire kept talking. "No where is she? Oh wait, were you the girl at school that was in like a really deep depression and took all those pills, and people called you pill popper." I didn't know that. Shit. My poor Riley. Mr. Palmers mouth dropped open a little bit and Riley ran upstairs to her room. I called out to her. "Riley wait!"

I looked over at Claire and a small smirk played on her lips. I could care less if both Riley's dad and Claire's mom were sitting there, this needed to be said. "Claire what is your problem? She is already going through enough and you make it worse. You probably called her a pill popper, you pick on her. You try to take me away from her. Your nothing but fake. Don't ever be rude to my Riley again. I don't care if you hurt me but don't ever hurt the girl I love." I took a deep breath and sighed. Wait? Did I just say I love her? Shit I hope she didn't hear it.

I jogged upstairs to Riley's room and cracked open the door. She was laying in bed crying. "Dad I'm not in the mood to go listen to her apologize." I slipped off my shoes and crawled into bed next to her. "And you don't have to, I closed and locked your door." Her eyes were puffy from crying and there was a tear running down her cheek. I wiped it away gently with my thumb and kissed her forehead.

"Why is it me Colton? Why did she chose me?" I pulled her into my chest as she cried. I picked up Riley and we walked to Lou's room. "Hey Lou I'm really sorry but your sister and I can't have a sleepover but I promise we will have one." She shrugged and continued playing with her dolls.

I put Riley down and put her converse on her feet and we walked out the front door without saying goodbye. "Colton where are we going?" I ignored her and got onto my motorcycle. She did the same motion as me and I headed to a meadow area.

We pulled to a stop and I lead her to an empty area where there was no people. "Colton what are we doing here and why?" I shrugged. "I wanted you to get out of the house." I pulled her into my side and rolled over so I was hovering over her. I pecked her lips and she smiled. "Your something else Colton." I nodded and held her hand. "I know." She pushed me off and rolled over so she was laying on top of me.

I pulled her down so her lips were on mine. I sat us up and she was now seated in my lap. She tangled her hands in my hair and I gently nibbled on her lip. She stopped for a second before realizing what I did and she let our tongues dance together.

She pulled herself closer to me deepening the kiss. If I have to control myself we need to stop now. I pulled away slowly and rested my forehead against hers. "We needed to stop other wise I wouldn't have been able to control myself princess." She nodded and pecked my lips again. "I can't believe that my dad is dating her mom out of all people." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry princess, but if it makes you feel better I'm here." She smiled and rested her head on my chest. "Will you leave me like everyone else?" I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "You shouldn't ask stupid questions princess."